Inquire Varadero Cuba dive ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Torontonian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My family is going to an AI resort in Varadero for early Jan. We have 3 divers that would like to dive for about 3 days around Jan. 2-5, 2017. I dove Bay of Pigs many years ago and thought it was nice. I also heard there is good cenote diving now, so hope we can do that.

I tried emailing to some ops I can find, but only one got back to me saying they are only available one day.

Can you please suggest dive ops (with emails) that I can contact. Any other suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

Baracuda dive opp was ok, hard to get a hold of I signed on when I arrived. Some resorts there have sign ups there. Try your resort to make plans for dives.

Also I'm in barrie used sunwing all inclusive, it's tough to get proper arrangements, make sure you tell them at end of dive you need pick up for dives next day or they will miss you. Happened to me

Next time try to reach us at Atlantis Varadero, we can organize everything for you, with the best diving in Varadero, boat dives to Reef and iconic Wrecks like the Russian Patrol Boat and many more.

Hi. Forgot to come back to share our findings earlier. But here it is.

We ended up using Baracuda for the first day of diving. They did not have email for contact, but only used facebook. Took some back and forth to arrange that first day. At the Varadero resort, the internet was awful, little or no connection. So I called to confirm booking and pickup.

On the morning of the dive, the bus was 20 minutes late coming to pick up. It was a long ride as the bus went to so many other resorts to pick up people After we got to the shop, it was also a long process to get our gear, then wait for others to arrive to get their gears. Then more waiting before we got on the cattle boat to go out. Our rental gears were old and worn, and all three of our gears had leaks.

The tanks were the small ones, not the regular 80 cu ft tanks. The diving was ok. Nothing special. My depth gauge did not work, neither did my daughter's. She was also quite worried with the leak in the hose connecting to her BCD. It was small leak, and I tried to re-assure her it should be ok. But leaks are leaks.

After that experience, we did not want to dive with Baracuda again.

We did another day of diving with Scuba Libre. They were much better. Still small tanks, but fairly new gears, much more enjoyable set up.

Torontonian you are totally right, barracuda still using a really old system to organize their tours, i mean, varadero its not what it used to be when barracuda was founded in 1995, now Varadero its much bigger and with far more hotels, thats why they are always late to the pick ups, the still move large groups of divers since the Travel Agency like Sunwing are force by the government to book their costumers with them, thats why the long lines to get the diving gear and all the mess. i have to say they do have experience instructors but they lack of the equipment and resources to give a decent service.

i'm glad you had some nice dives with ScubaLibre, Carlos its great Guy and an excellent Instructor..

Next Time you come to Varadero just let us know at Atlantis Varadero and we can organize everything for you, our diving center only take small groups of divers (just 8 per day Max), we do boat dives in Varadero, not shore dive to playa coral, equipment its new and we have those 80cu Aluminum you like... :)

Next time try to reach us at Atlantis Varadero, we can organize everything for you, with the best diving in Varadero, boat dives to Reef and iconic Wrecks like the Russian Patrol Boat and many more.
what kind of prices are we looking at?
also which locations do you dive?

We have access by boat to all the main places to dives in Varadero, Reef dives like: Claraboyas I and II, Caballerote, Yami Reef, Cabezo de los Tiburones, Acuario, Rajao, the Russian patrol boat, Tug boat wreck, Sletrea Wreck (oil tanker) and many more. You can find us in google map on the next link:
https://goo.gl/maps/EaAWicDBYoJ2

Our prices are the lowest of varadero:
Single dive: 50cuc
Double dive: 70cuc
Bay of pigs: 80cuc
Diving Plus (two dives with cayo blanco beach visit, Lunch and interaction with captive dolphins) 99cuc

discovery and international certification courses are also available:
You could check our web site and get to know more about us and our services, with photos and descriptions.
www.scubaatlantisvaradero.com

If there is something else we are always available, please just write us...
Happy diving

are you affiliated with baracuda dive center?

Yes we are, we are currently affiliated with Barracuda Diving Center and Marlin Marinas since thats the only way to run a diving operation in Cuba. But we run our operations directly from our base with our own diving gear and staff we only use their Boat and their operations if need it.

It's the best of both worlds.

Back
Top Bottom