Input on OMS Slipstream Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good fins, no question. Better than Jets?

Each to their own - I like my trim in the Jets, but then, my gear is somewhat unusual.

BTW, what's this question doing in the PPD forum? :mooner:

OMS FINS IN USE. Normally I am slightly more feet down in a hover with heavier fins. I love these fins when teaching too. It allows me to make radical direction changes quickly and hover without effort.:D

Yep. Problem?

If I'm not mistaken, all PADI courses require a snorkel to be used at all times!

You are correct. Train to the standard always! When I am not teaching I keep my folded up snorkel in my pocket.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, all PADI courses require a snorkel to be used at all times!

well, not entirely correct... students have to be equipped with one, what leaves the options to the instructor/DM to let them have the snorkel in the pocket on most of the trainings dives and to use if appropriate without breaking any standards

anyway, back to topic, I am happy with my Jets, but if anybody visits Dumaguete with slipstreams XL I would love to try them...

How are people finding the foot pockets on the OMSs? A friend of mine has a pair and found them almost as uncomfortable and nonergonomic as the Jets' pockets so he's stuck with his Jets.

Personally, I dream of a fin with the kicking abilities of my Jets (without the negative buoyancy) and the foot pocket comfort of my Mares. :wink:

Just to chime in with pretty much everyone else who has used them :wink:

Bought a set of Slipstreams the beginning of this year and love them for all the reasons stated :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom