Input on OMS Slipstream Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry for this noob question but what is sac? how about for flatter kick? good too?
SAC is "surface air consumption"... it's how much equivalent air you would be consuming if you were on the surface... lower SAC is good... mean's you're not sucking down your tank like it was going out of style... there are a couple threads here in SB that show you how to compute it... air integrated computers i think compute it for you...

oh... and it's "flutter" :wink:

@pao: they have slipstreams in scubastop... don't remember how much though...

Jag

Jag

I think I've logged 110-120 dives in my Slipstreams.

They are very powerful (I wouldn't say they are the most efficient fins, not like my free diving fins), they are awesome for the frog kick, fine for the flutter kick, neutrally buoyant, lighter.

They are made from monoprene, which is different than what the turtles and jets use, but they are virtually the same design.

It is a time proven design.

A recommendation for the OMS Slipstream Fins - Buy the spring straps! I bought mine through an online SCUBA store (LP) and bought the straps at the same time. The one downside is that you have to cut the metal clips off the factory straps to get the new spring straps mounted and clamped on. I also recommend a paint pen for marking (left and right fin). Yes....I know what you are thinking....HE HAS LOST HIS FRIGGING MIND!!! No, spring straps tend to fit differently. After mounting them on the fins try them (with booties of course) on and see which fin fits which foot better. Then mark them Left and Right...try it...you'll see. Another thing with the OMS fins is the blade surface area is huge. Some people fine tune them by drilling holes in the lower part of the blade. I've seen some fins with a series of six 1/2" holes drilled up the middle to the foot pocket. I did try them and it is a noticeable difference. The owner liked the fins for the flutter kick control but got leg cramps from pushing so much water with the big blade. The holes create less resistance and no cramps for the diver. Another thing (I use it too) is the stick-on yellow glow stickers. I put them on the bottom of my fins so my divers can see me. Those beautiful black fins disappear at depth and the stickers help my divers see me under water. Just a few tips for the greatest fins I own.

Last edited:
I did not have to cut my straps off. I just unscrewed the bolt out of the pin and they come right off. But I agree, I would not have a fin without spring straps.

SOLD! im gonna leave my girlfriend and save up for these...

SOLD! im gonna leave my girlfriend and save up for these...
the fins are cheaper than the girlfriend in the long run but i hear they tend to chafe the wee-wee when you forget to use lubrication

ask MV what he does...

Jag

I love my Slipstreams. I agree with all but two of the posts.
1.) If you have a problem with cramps or sore muscles, don't drill holes in your fins; exercise to build your legs up.
2.) No amount of lube in your fins will replace a good girlfriend. Get her to buy them for you. :wink:

I just bought mine and used them in Palau. I will never use another fins. The fins are easy to pack in a normal size suitcase with no problems.

the fins are cheaper than the girlfriend in the long run but i hear they tend to chafe the wee-wee when you forget to use lubrication
Well, everyone hates chafing! Especially my ex girlfriend:shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom