Inon or Sea & Sea Strobes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divechk

Reaction score
I'm new to photography. I'm curious which strobes are better for coldwater diving in pac northwest. I'm still debating whether to get new compact camera with Ikelite housing [Canon G9 or 10] or get [Sea & Sea or Ikeliete] housing for my existing Canon Rebel Xt [aka 350D]. I like the compacted size [despite neg. buoyancy] of the Inon 2000 type 3. But it seems that Inon's future is unclear and not sure if products are just having a hiccup or just won't be distributed in US [http://inonamerica.com/-- note that sales and operations in North America will be suspended]. Any suggestions for strobes? Or Inon vs Sea & Sea? Thanks! :confused:

Inon distribution in North America has not been suspended it is being re-directed to retail dealers like Backscatter East/West, MCD, Reef Photo Video and others. Inon has just released the S-2000 strobe and it is slow to arrive in the U.S. as all their products have been. Asia always gets the first issues. The S-2000 may well replace the D-2000 and some units have already arrived in the U.S. I have been told that the new Inon float arms should arrive in the U.S. before the end of this month.

My choice by the way would be the new Inon S-2000 which appears to be a great strobe for the price.

Phil Rudin

Inon distribution in North America has not been suspended it is being re-directed to retail dealers like Backscatter East/West, MCD, Reef Photo Video and others. Inon has just released the S-2000 strobe and it is slow to arrive in the U.S. as all their products have been. Asia always gets the first issues. The S-2000 may well replace the D-2000 and some units have already arrived in the U.S. I have been told that the new Inon float arms should arrive in the U.S. before the end of this month.

Thanks for this info! This really helps me figure out what to get. I prefer the Inon over the Sea & Sea, but was concerned on what their website had to say.

I was going to go with Inon before but I'm now worried that there might be support issues. At first I was going to get a Sea & Sea, but since I have a Ikelite housing on my Canon G9...might be a better match with the Ikelite DS51.

Back
Top Bottom