Inon 28AD Mount Base for (S90) -Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Inon 28AD Mount Base Canon WP-DC 35 (S90)
Just announced - delivery date as yet unknown.

This is very good news.
Hopefully i will now be able to use my Inon UWL 100-28AD & dome with my canon S90.
Price in the uk is 75 GBP.

That is exciting news for those who went with the DC-35 housing. There was a picture floating around, this one:

4351031666_12acb8d1ba.jpg

Do you have any additional info/links for S90 fans?

N

thanks for the photo.
The adapter looks interesting.
I hope it does not limit access to the front wheel on the LHS.

Got to ask what is the large black thing in front of the on/off button. Is this a store security device or is it part of the adapter?(just found out it is called the inon shoe base so you can mount a strobe/light directly on the housing)

i dont have any other links, info. Just found the adapter listed on a UK underwater camera website.

Last edited:
thanks for the photo.
The adapter looks interesting.
I hope it does not limit access to the front wheel on the LHS.

Got to ask what is the large black thing in front of the on/off button. Is this a store security device or is it part of the adapter?(just found out it is called the inon shoe base so you can mount a strobe/light directly on the housing)

i dont have any other links, info. Just found the adapter listed on a UK underwater camera website.

It holds a focus light or S2000 strobe. It is not part of the kit, I think it is a new item for Inon they were showing off along with the new adapter kit. That is my guess.

N

Another photo of the same.

Inon Releases X-2 Housing For The Panasonic GF1 Micro-Four Thirds Camera And More

The text says 67mm, and it looks like that 28AD adapter ring would screw out.

Thanks for the link. That was my speculation earlier, it looks like a 67mm mount with a 28AD adapter threaded into it. This could be a very good development. If it could support both the threaded lenses and the bayonet mount lenses that Inon and others make it would give people a lower dollar point housing that could still be very capable.

N

Nemrod,

How close to the exterior of the port does the S90 come at 28mm in your FIX housing? Comparable to the photos compudude posted at Canon S90 in Canon WP-DC35 Housing: First impressions - Scuba Forum - Scuba Diving Forums and Discussion Board, or closer? I'm wondering how well the external lenses are going to work with the Canon housing.

Remember back a few weeks it was my opinion at least that AD lenses would not work with this housing if any lenses would, well, I guess I was partly wrong and I am glad to be wrong, lol. But, that was based upon measurements from my DC-12 housing and my FIX housing and then I extrapolated a guess :) including the fact that the beauty ring on that square port would interfere with the 67mm threaded lenses but I do not own a 28AD style lens and therein lies my error. The 28AD lens will probably sit down into port area the area and the beauty ring will not cause it to standoff. So, it makes sense that this is a 28AD adapter.

I don't remember my measurement off the top but I will get it again this evening. The S90 lens comes very, very close to the FIX port, nearly touching it which is a good thing for wet lens use and of course the small rack distance of the S90 keeps the lens close even when zoomed to 35mm.

I doubt Inon would go to the effort just for macro so they must be sure that the WAL100-28AD will work and that means the dome will work also. I still think that the AD and threaded lenses will not work but will be happy to see if that is a threaded port--convertible--and the 100WAL-67mm would work, great, but, I still doubt it.

If I had the inside dimensions of the Canon DC-35 port exterior and the lens stand-off I could come close to an really good guess instead of a WAG.

IMO, from the photo Compu posted, to answer your question, the FIX housing places the lens closer by a small amount. But, hey, it is hard to say from pichers.
N

Hi all...

sorry to jump on this thread. I currently have an Ixus 100 with canon housing, inon port, dome, wide angle and macro lenses. I am away at the moment and do not have model numbers but all bought in the last year. I am trying to decide between a s90 or g11, probably with canon housings due to costs at the moment. Will this new mount base mean I can use all my lenses from my Ixus set up. Also, any idea know when it will beavailable in the UK.....or Kuala Lumpur, or how I can find out.

Lastly, if this works, any suggestions on a strobe to finish the kit, I already have trays etc

Thanks in advance guys..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom