Inon 28AD Mount Base for (S90) -Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am pretty sure the photo with the 165AD fisheye lens on the Fisheye site that shows the various lenses against one another was shot at a zoom of 50mm. I have recreated the photo. In order to get the same apparent magnification as seen in that sequence vs the other lenses the 165AD would have to be used with the S90 zoomed to about 50mm. I am shooting with my FIX90 and S90 and FIX67mm kit at 35mm and actually I can shoot at one bump on the zoom which is about 31mm but with some vignetting.

I guess I am saying is what you see in those photos on the Fix site are misleading at best and dang wrong at worse.

As I have stated before, good news, I am pretty sure you can mount the 165AD compact fisheye lens to this Inon 28AD adapter for the DC35 but the bad news is that you will have to zoom to around 50mm resulting in a FOV of about 100 to 110 degrees diagonal vs the 150 to 165 degree FOV the lens produces with more optimal positioning (and as I am in fact getting with my rig).

I believe that this Inon adapter for the DC35 will do better with either the Inon WAL100-28AD lens (approx 100 degree FOV) or with the WAL100-28AD with dome kit (approximately 150 degree FOV).

N

Looking at the (tiny) picture on the INON website it looks as if the mount has a (non-functional) hot-shoe mount. I think the focus light holder you can see in the picture in the earlier post is the Shoe Base that's also appeared on their web site.

Neil

Looking at the (tiny) picture on the INON website it looks as if the mount has a (non-functional) hot-shoe mount. I think the focus light holder you can see in the picture in the earlier post is the Shoe Base that's also appeared on their web site.

Neil

Yes, it is and it comes in different colors too. N

Yuzo at UWdigitalcamera.com says the release date is March 31. Hopefully he and Reef and Backscatter get it soon after.

I sent a note to Yuzo, asking whether the 28AD ring screws out from the Inon/WP-DC35 mount, and what thread is there if it does. If he understood my question, it doesn't look like anything useful comes from removing the 28AD adapter:

"...It is possible to remove 28AD bayonet base part from the adapter, It is attached with 6 small screws. But on the base part, there is no screw thread. And the diameter of port window is about 48mm. "

So it doesn't look like one can easily fiddle with the mount/adapter on this Inon/Canon setup, as Nemrod did to mount his UFL-165AD to the FIX housing. So, maybe UWL-100 28AD or nothing.

As I said on another post, I was able to attach a 67mm threaded ring in place of the AD28 mount, so now I can try a FIX UWL-04 on the Canon housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom