Inon 28AD Mount Base for (S90) -Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I called Reef and they do not have the mount in stock. They HOPE to have it by the beginning of next month (April) but no assurance. I have also been in contact with Yuzo at UWdigitalcamera.com and he does not know when they will actually be available, though he thinks around April 1.

I need one before my trip to Dauin Philippines on May 1, so I hope they are right. I can't decided whether or not to spring for an INON UWFL-165AD and hope it fits/focuses/works. I think I have enough INON parts to make my own fiberoptic connector using the left over parts from a INON/Fuji F30 mount.

I also plan to get an Epoque flexible hotshoe mount for my D2000 strobe mounted on top of an INON under strobe mount with two INON LE-550W LED lights for a compact setup as an alternative to the regular tray and arm setup I have. Would be really nice with an S2000 and FIX housing, but I already have the D2000 and WP-DC35 and the $1200+ the new strobe and housing would cost is more than I will spend diving/eating/sleeping in the Philippines for 8 days (free air PDX-MNL with NW miles).

I do not believe that the Inon 165AD fisheye lens will work with the 28AD mount. But, until somebody has one and tries it. I am pretty sure Inon will list it as not compatible. N

I called Reef and they do not have the mount in stock. They HOPE to have it by the beginning of next month (April) but no assurance. I have also been in contact with Yuzo at UWdigitalcamera.com and he does not know when they will actually be available, though he thinks around April 1.

Thanks for checking around. I sent Ryan a link to this thread, asking whether he might post details here when he gets one in hand, such as whether that 28AD ring really does screw out, what he finds when he checks lens compatibility, etc.

I am really curious about what exactly is different between an AD and an AD28 mount. Both types of AD lenses will attach to the little lens holders you put on a strobe arm. An AD macro lens will physically fit on an AD28 mount, as will a UWL-105AD lens. If someone out there has an AD28 mount and a variety of AD lenses it would help us all if they tried them to see what fits, at least whether it can be physically mounted, not necessarily if they are optically compatible. I believe my friend Paul is going to purchase a UFL-165AD before our upcoming trip to Dauin, to use on his AD mount Canon housing, but he lives in CA and I live in WA so I will not be able to try it until May, providing I can get the AD28 mount for the WP-DC35 before then, and he lets me use it.

I believe that the depth of the 28AD mount is less than that of the AD mount. The optical positioning of the 28AD is different from that of the AD. The only thing you can do if nobody can answer for sure is try them.

Apparently it is possible, for example, on the FIX housing with the kit 28AD mount to mount the 165AD fisheye lens but it is also clear that it is mounted further forward than optimum since it vignettes even zoomed. I assume similar would happen with the 28AD mount for the DC35 housing.

N

.....appears to only accept UCL-165AD, UWL-100 28AD and the dome lens unit.

If it accepts the both the UCL-165AD and the UWL-100 28AD that pretty much confirms for me that it would also accept the UFL-165AD, you would just have to zoom in a notch or two to eliminate the vignetting. (No promises or warranty should be taken from this comment, but that's my best guess) That's how it is with the Fix 28AD adapter, at least... the UCL-165AD fits in it just fine, no adapters needed, and the UFL-165AD is the exact same depth, you just need to zoom in two bumps to eliminate the vignetting.

Gee, maybe I should have hung onto the Canon S90 housing after all. LOL

(Would have saved a ton of money I could have put towards the UFL-165AD!)

But then, I would have missed using my lovely little Fix housing on my recent dives. Oh well...

Back
Top Bottom