Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When bobbers got mentioned, I assumed this is what was meant.
View attachment 628654
But these are designed basically to float at the surface; what happens to them at depth?

How much buoyancy do you need for one of those little lights?
These ones are super buoyant but filled with air and could easily crack under pressure (literally speaking :) )

Attachments

• B1BA7A34-D448-4CBC-86C9-B453181C825D.jpeg
    B1BA7A34-D448-4CBC-86C9-B453181C825D.jpeg
    21 KB · Views: 46
When bobbers got mentioned, I assumed this is what was meant.
View attachment 628654
But these are designed basically to float at the surface; what happens to them at depth?

How much buoyancy do you need for one of those little lights?
Are these water-tight?

These are the first junk compulsory night dive boat thing that I rip off and throw away
before heading off for a few hundred yards away from the obscene cacophony of light
and when it's time I head back for where it looks like the sun has crashed into the ocean

without even having switched on my own lights

One billion trillion lumens per diver to be reflected right back at you, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

The war of the light sabres stabbing and slashing towards where they think the predatory shark or giant octopus will be

Boo, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Fair point, Happy D. Prolly why I chose red the first time around. As a dive leader, it comes in handy for my "followers" including in bad viz in the daytime. Our night dives are pretty busy here, and identification is useful to make sure folks are staying with the correct guide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom