XTAR NEW D26 1600 Diving flashlight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hitham

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
a review brought to you by Scuba\Freediver enjoying night and day diving doing lots of spearfishing and photography so don’t expect lots of numbers in this review :p
For the last two years xtar d26 1000 lumens was my perfect light. it had the perfect balance between power and runtime but there were times when I wished for more power...

Once the pumped d26 version was released it seemed logical to get my hands on one!!
The new d26 has Cree XHP35-HI D4 LED which gives 1600 lumen with 2:30 hours runtime

2rTctuE.jpg

KZHg2J2.jpg

jhgabNc.jpg

The first thing you notice when you hold the flashlight is the attractive blue ring with the same quality build and size as the previous popular d26.. as for people aren’t familiar with the d26 here are quickspecs:

• Magnetic Press Switch & Battery Indicator
• 55° lighting beam
• Dual-layer Anti-corrosive material
• Waterproof IPX8 (Underwater 100 meters)
• Gold printed & Dual springs
• Reverse polarity protection, Intelligent temperature control
• Tripod screw hole (could be used in diving handle or photography)
• 26650 5200mAh Battery

The other thing you notice beside the attractive ring is the button switch as they removed the old rotatory lock... which honestly gave me hard time when spearfishing (missed many shots) as sometimes the lock engages by its self after rubbing against your body or other equipment… they put a new way to lock ur flash, so it doesn’t turn on accidentally in you gear bag which will happen more than you think . press the switch 4 seconds to lock and press switch 3 times fast to unlock...

when you turn on the flash to play with (on land) its 1600 led will generate more heat faster than previous model you will see that the light indicator will turn red after few mints... apparently they included some sort of temperature control by reducing power which is helpful when u need to use your light before jumping in water in night diving..

Here is some photos comparing the 3 Xtar Models i own.. D26 1600, D26 100, D08 2000

WsuZsg9.jpg

7hkrG4H.jpg

qvwr5ZE.jpg

I took two photos of both d26 lightning side by side to give a general idea on their power difference...
aDn0rTm.jpg

329Z4Mr.jpg

nqqzSI5.jpg

you can clearly notice the new 1600 (Left) Is brighter more focused with cooler tone.
while in the second photo I captured only the focus beam (Center) of both flashes to give you more idea of their lighting

My Final thoughts
if you’re free diver\spearfishing you will love the 1600 lumen in day diving to light holes more efficiently and from farther distance.. and if you’re driving at night it will help you a lot to see deeper or in murky water but be careful with the run time it's just 2:30 hours so consider alternate lighting modes and use the lower 650lm mode to get more time.
if you’re Scuba\technical diver you will just love this light it’s just perfect as main or backup light.

package content..
7m3vMlf.jpg

Hope this review will be helpful to fellow divers out there.. and i'll try to make diving video comparison with various diving conditions...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom