Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Innovative Scuba Marker Light Review (and Giveaway)
I love these little flashing marker lights. They come in 3 colors: Green, Blue and Red. Turns on and flashes when in water. They’re potted/sealed, so completely waterproof, instead of a replaceable battery. Virtually indestructible. Rated for 500 hours, then discard. I hook up to my first stage, then leave it there for a year or two.

Contest. This light is negatively buoyant. Give me an idea how to make this unit positive, so it’s more visible in daytime. The best, most easily-done idea will receive a free unit shipped from me (Amazon USA) in the color of your choice. Post up your idea in the comments. I will choose and announce after 2 weeks from video launch (Dec. 20th).

Attach a closed cell foam float. They are cheap and available at tackle shops, and places that repair nets. Probably will cost less than a dollar.

Attach a closed cell foam float. They are cheap and available at tackle shops, and places that repair nets. Probably will cost less than a dollar.
Cheers...have a link to one so I can see an example...?

I have a couple of lights like that. I leave one tied to my reg yoke because you can't really see them in the daytime anyway. And I'm actually a bit embarrassed to use them at night, because many folks are greatly irritated by the flashing.

Fishing bopper. Cost 10 cents. Maybe cheaper depending where you are around the world :)

I have a couple of lights like that. I leave one tied to my reg yoke because you can't really see them in the daytime anyway. And I'm actually a bit embarrassed to use them at night, because many folks are greatly irritated by the flashing.
True, that...my last one was red to be least invasive...

Cheers...have a link to one so I can see an example...?

https://www.amazon.com/QualyQualy-F...VC3R7?ref_=ws_cp_1ff720eb9532d4c475f0_p_5_t_p

Not a very good example, I would get you better photos, but I am in Mexico away from the local fishing shop that sells them. They have a whole bin of foam fishing bobbers and floats.

These are closer to what I was thinking of, they are labeled PVC, but my local fishing shop has them in closed cell foam.
Pvc Foam Fishing Net Floats - Buy Fishing Net Float,Pvc Foam Fishing Floats,Pvc Foam Float Product on Alibaba.com

When bobbers got mentioned, I assumed this is what was meant.
61mPpm7ShjL._AC_UL320_.jpg

But these are designed basically to float at the surface; what happens to them at depth?

How much buoyancy do you need for one of those little lights?

These are the first junk compulsory night dive boat thing that I rip off and throw away
before heading off for a few hundred yards away from the obscene cacophony of light
and when it's time I head back for where it looks like the sun has crashed into the ocean

without even having switched on my own lights

One billion trillion lumens per diver to be reflected right back at you, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

The war of the light sabres stabbing and slashing towards where they think the predatory shark or giant octopus will be

Boo, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom