Innerkip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

two.crows

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone have information about the current situation in Innerkip? I've tried unsuccessfully to call, several times now, and I have heard that there may have been a change of ownership over the summer (then again, maybe I just had a wrong number)..

I've never been there (new to Toronto) and would hate to make the drive out from the city to find myself with a trunk full of rental kit before a locked gate or such...

Viz should be nice this time of year, shouldn't it? Or would it be frozen already?

Thanks for any information!

Two Crows, I don't know about Innerkip, but yesterday I was in Sherkston Quarry, off Hwy 3, near Crystal Beach, they will be open next weekend ($8 admission). Viz was 30 ft, no ice. The quarry maxes out about 45 feet. Of course, either Innerkip or Sherkston is swamplike in the summer.

two.crows:
.....Does anyone have information about the current situation in Innerkip? I've tried unsuccessfully to call, several times now.....

Try these two numbers as well:

Innerkip quarry (a.k.a. Trout Lake Park)
(519) 469-3363 in summer, (519) 469-3431 in winter.

<> Rick <>

... that actually was my last dive :)

For skills training, gear checkout and such it's a pretty decent site. $10 access fee per person if I remember right.

Give me your money and I'll let you dive lake Ontario or lake Simcoe. Come on guys if your going to dive than go out and dive some were that's a little more exciting and worth the drive.

Thanks Jurrassicdiver :)

What are your favorite spots nearby? Exciting and worth the drive?

shoredivr:
Two Crows, I don't know about Innerkip, but yesterday I was in Sherkston Quarry, off Hwy 3, near Crystal Beach, they will be open next weekend ($8 admission). Viz was 30 ft, no ice. The quarry maxes out about 45 feet. Of course, either Innerkip or Sherkston is swamplike in the summer.

Where do you find 45' in Sherkston Quarry??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom