Infrared Interface for downloading dive data?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure I'd recommend buying the cheapest one. I did that. Every time I downloaded my 2G to my laptop it was successful... but crashed the system forcing me to reboot.

That is a driver problem, normally; it could be a failed circuit in the USB, but I would suspect the driver.

:whatever:

Sorry, ScubaPro / Uwatec.

There is no stinking need to pay the exorbitant price of a branded irDa! :mad:

"...I bought it @ Monoprice dot com (search for INFRARED, USB Infra-Red Wireless Adapter IrDA - 4Mbps Transfer Rate (FIR mode)). The price is 7.84$ + 2$ delivery..."

This dongle works GREAT with my 2G. I highly recommend it. It 'finds' and downloads my dives in a matter of seconds. Every time. And the price is RIGHT !!! Don't go the Uwatec route. I don't know how theirs could work any better than this one. And you'll pay out the ass.

I have four uwatecs that download through iRda. Buy the cheapest you can find (online).

IF you have a 64 bit operating system, buy one for that.

Or, if you ask nicely, I'll send you the one that came with one of mine . . . since I never use it, anyway. :blinking:

It's gone, so offer is closed. He said, "pretty please". :blinking:

As I recall there are only two companies in the world manufacturing IRDA chips at this time and there are both the same quality. So no need to waste the $80 for the ScubaPro adapter when you can purchase one for under $10.

This is what I use.Amazon.com: Syba SD-U1IRDA-NM USB Fast Infra-Red Adapter: Electronics

Well it was under $10 when I bought mine. I'm sure if you look around a little you can find it cheaper.

Ebay for less than 5 bucks

I just purchased an Aladin 2g and this is the infrared USB that I purchased. Same one as Auqa-Andy. It works just fine. No issues:

Amazon.com: Syba SD-U1IRDA-NM USB Fast Infra-Red Adapter: Electronics

I tried to order it from PC Cable because it was a little cheaper. Finally after two weeks after just reading "awaiting order to be processed" I sent an email and they said that someone had just ordered their last 3????????? I found this one and got it in 4 days.

I just purchased an Aladin 2g and this is the infrared USB that I purchased. Same one as Auqa-Andy. It works just fine. No issues:

Amazon.com: Syba SD-U1IRDA-NM USB Fast Infra-Red Adapter: Electronics

I tried to order it from PC Cable because it was a little cheaper. Finally after two weeks after just reading "awaiting order to be processed" I sent an email and they said that someone had just ordered their last 3????????? I found this one and got it in 4 days.

Got this one as well. Works great with my luna.

M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom