info request: dive op and resorts PG or bohol ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowfish

Registered
Reaction score
OK ...now that we know we are heading to the Philippines for diving we have a few questions?
The diving is part of a larger travel itinerary , trekking in Vietnam etc.
We will not bring our dive gear ,therefor , we would choose a top end dive op with good rental gear preferably on site , we would prefer a comfortable , beautiful high end resort with good food , A/C is definetily required.
Not big resort, but nice , we don't party to much but we like to walk around , explore.
As for diving we don't take pictures , and like diversity pelagies first , then macro then wrecks we will be diving for 5 to 7 days , don't mind airplanes but don't really care for 3+ hours of road traveling .
All that may influence the area we would pick right ?
PG, Bohol ?
Any thoughts ?

Hi Snow, welcome to the PPD forum! I don't know that much about Bohol, so I'll let other cover that. But I think PG would definetly suit your needs. It has high end (at least relatively high end) resorts with quality diving operations. Atlantis, Asia divers and Lalaguna Beach Club come to mind which would suit your description. They all have good food and nice accomodations for PG! As for the diving... As I told you in another post, PG has all you want (in your list). As far as pelagics are concerned, they have lots, but it really depends what you are looking for... No whale sharks or manta rays (or when there are, it is very rare). But they do have Whitetip sharks, occasional Thresher sharks, Giant Trevally and jacks, Huge snappers, Sweetlips, Schooling Baracuda, etc... In other words if you are hoping for dives on reefs where there are 10+ sharks/Mantas swimming around you, this is not the place... But the other pelagics are very nice nevertheless... As far as smaller fish, well there is lots of cool stuff! Nudibranches, frogfish, seahorses (pigmy), spotted rays, Anglefish, triggerfish, seasnakes, turtles, etc... There are also a few wrecks that aare fun to dive, and there is muck diving also. Most dive sites are 5-10 minutes away. PG has several bars/cafes, and several good restaurants.

In my oppinion, a very very varied dive destination! And one that would match what you are looking for. Now, Bohol would probably suit you also, but I'll let someone else tell you about that. It's presently 10:00 am in the PI, so I figure the PPDers will be answering you quite soon!:D

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask!:coffee:

PG has macro on wrecks :D

Contact Roscoe with Action Divers (Dive Puerto Galera, Dive Philippines, Dive Action Divers). Via email I made all my reservations through Action Divers and it was a smooth process. He arranged my transportation from/to the Manila airport, my diving with Action (including decent rental gear) and my accommodation next door at the Portofino Resort (Portofino Beach Resort, Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro, Philippines).

I had one of the large studios in the back and I was very comfortable (A/C). A quiet location. Breakfast was included in my package and it worked for me. I ate two dinners at the Portofino and both were good (I liked to try different places for dinner). I am not sure about the definition of high end resort but I would use both establishments again. If I were to try a different place it would be El Galleon with Asia Divers.

really nice villas can be rented from Out of the Blue villas which is a certified PPD favorite. its close to asia divers and right above action divers. however, they dont serve meals.

Agree with Pazz on Action Divers. Roscoe is great!, say Hi to Huw, and James!
If you're looking for something to add to diving, for you vacation try felicity_nature@yahoo.com Warm & Blessed Greetings from

Nature Awareness and Conservation Club, Inc (NACCI)

HTTP://philecotouri sm.wordpress. com

We are pleased to invite you to our

NATURE ADVENTURES ESCAPADES

This way we can pursue & sustain our environment & humanitarian projects. We support Eco-tourism to give jobs in the rural area that will prevent them from logging, mining, dynamite fishing, hunting, prevent from selling souvenirs made of endangered species to tourist, etc. Plus we conduct Fun Games and group dynamics on Environment Awareness on all the scheduled trips. And customized Corporate Social Responsibility Trips with option to do Mangrove Tree Planting, Adopt a Turtle, Forest Tree Planting, Book Drive , Clean Ups, and other outreach programs needed. Open for non NACCI members (please make your journeys more meaningful)

Thank you & GOD BLESS PHOTOS http://ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/Greennatur e/photos

Thur to Sun Corregidor Heritage n Island Tour (Day Trip)

P 1,999/pax round trip ferry, Island tour, shrine tour, buffet lunch, service of professional Corregidor guide

Confirm your booking 3days before your target trip.

Laiban Tanay Tree Planting, w Outreach Program

P 250/pax inclusive of Seedling, maintenance, scholarship fund for Dumagat kids and Community development. Not included is fare to and from the site and meals.

http://mothernature asia.multiply. com/photos/ album/20/ Laiban_Tree_ Planting_ Tanay

White Water Rafting Chico Rivers , Kalinga Province

P 4,000/pax AC Room, Tour Transfer, all Meals, Rafting Gears and Guides (limited to 20pax Only)

http://mothernature asia.multiply. com/photos/ album/12/ Wet_and_Wild_ WHITE_Water_ Rafting_Chico_ Rivers

Scuba Diving Lesson : Open Water Course

Course Fee: 2-3 students enrolled its P12,500/pax; If 4-5 students enrolled its P11,000/pax and if 6 and above students enrolled P10,000/pax. http://www.facebook .com/event. php?eid=19990059 5614

http://mothernature asia.multiply. com/photos/ album/41/ Scuba_Diving_ Lesson_PROMO

Sept 6 Sun South FEAST Light Of Jesus Family led by Bro Arun Gogna

10 am Festival Mall Expo Hall for the Mass, 11 am Cinema 10, Alabang, Muntinlupa. Option to join the singles fellowship lunch. For more information please text Ms. Leen 09189004099

Taal Lake Cruise and Island Tour (Day Trip)

P 1,350/pax (base minimum of 5pax) Inclusive of Round trip Boat Ride, Life vest, Horse, Horse guide, Environment fee, Healthy Buffet Lunch, Permit to climb. Please confirm you booking 3days before your target trip.

Sept 12 Sat Mt. Makiling Forest Reserve Fun Hike w Los Banos Hot Spring

P 1,588/pax inclusive of RT AC Van, Healthy Buffet Lunch, Entrance fees, Forest Guides, Conservation fees

Deadline of Reservation on Sept 10 Thur (if there are still seats available)

http://mothernature asia.multiply. com/photos/ album/24/ Mt._Makiling_ Forest_Reserve

Sept 13 Sun FREE Seminar on Visa, Immigration and Passporting

Sept 27 Sun Seminar on How to Set Up Your Own Travel Agency

Registration Fee (limited to 25seat only)

P 2,000/pax if paid from Sept 1 to 10

P 2,250/pax if paid from Sept 11 to 20

P 2,500/pax if paid from Sept 21 to 25

P 2,750/pax if paid from Sept 26, (if there are still seat available)

P 3,500/pax if paid on Sept 27 Sunday (if there are still seat available)

LIMITED to 25 seats ONLY, First Come, First Serve Book and Buy and Reservation

http://www.facebook .com/event. php?eid=10505941 8515

Oct 3 Sat ANAWIM Outreach Program http://www.anawim. com.ph/

Call 7259999 loc 215 (Lot Santos) or Solmsaura@gmail. com or 09064595907 (text only)

October 29 to Nov 4 Turtle Island Hopping Adventure, Tawi tawi Island Philippines

P 15K if 16 to 20 participants registered (maximum number)

P 16K if 13 to 15 participants registered

P 17 if 10 to 12 participants registered (minimum number)

Rate included: Round trip transfer from Sandakan , all meals, ecolodge dorm accommodation, island hopping galore

Not included : Round trip fare to and from Sandakan Malaysia .

Oct 30 to Nov 2 Boracay Beachy Escapade at P 888/day

Inc of 4days/3nights Aircon Family Room Accommodation and Full Board Meals

Not Included are Fare to and from the site and pasalubongs (min of 6pax booking)

November 28 to 29 Kerygma Conference : Dream Big, Win Big

For more information please call FEAST office at 9268951 and 7263926 or 7259999 or 4167809

At Araneta Coliseum Cubao QC pls check out www.kerygmaconferen ce.com

Dec 27 to 30 SAGADA w Banawe and Bontoc

Early Reservation Dscnt P 2999/pax (Sept); P 3,250 (Oct); P 3,500 (Nov); P3,999 (Dec)

Inc of RT AC Bus Fare, transfers, breakfast, 2Fulldays Sagada Tour, 4days/3night Accommodation (famRoom)

Dec 27 to 29 Vigan to Pagudpud

Early Reservation Dscnt P 4999/pax (Sept); P 5,250 (Oct); P 5,500 (Nov); P5,999 (Dec)

Inc of RT AC Bus Fare, transfers, breakfast, 2Fulldays Ilocos Tour, 4days/3night Accommodation (famRoom)

Dec 27 to 29 Donsol Whale Watching, Firefly Tour and Legaspi Tour

Early Reservation Dscnt P 5999/pax (Sept); P 6,250 (Oct); P 6,500 (Nov); P6,999 (Dec)

Inc of RT AC Bus Fare, transfers, breakfast, 3Fulldays Ilocos Tour, 4days/3night Accommodation (famRoom)

Carpe Diem and GOD Bless

Violet

Violeta can get you into trecking up Mt Pinatubo; a survival course up around Subic, White water kayaking, many more. You won't have to fly to another country for such great adventures.
There is as much to do above the water as thereis below, and there is a lot to do underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom