Info Needed for Ironman Race....Thanks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cppike79

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

So I'm looking to get a little advise from some of the locals/regulars in Cozumel. I'm going to be in Coz this November competing in the Ironman race. This will be my 5th trip to Cozumel, so I'm relatively familiar with the island, however I have always stayed at a little B & B in town so I'm not all to familiar with any of the larger resorts. So this trip I plan on spending Thu-Mon (race is on Sunday) at one of the larger AI hotels in order to simplify things and help me prepare for race day.

One of my questions is regarding the El Cozumeleno. Where exactly is this hotel? I'm picturing it in my mind being just past the International Pier near Paraiso, is this correct? How close to Chankanaab is it? Also does this seem like it would be a good place to stay for the race?

As far as being able to get good healthy meals and being able to relax and prepare for the event, and with regards to location for race day are there any other hotels or options that you might recommend?

Thanks for the help

Sorry , cant offer help . Just want to wish you luck in the race.I have been a volunteer for the swim portion here in WI for the last 8 yrs and know what you face . Good Luck and be safe

One of my questions is regarding the El Cozumeleno. Where exactly is this hotel? I'm picturing it in my mind being just past the International Pier near Paraiso, is this correct? How close to Chankanaab is it? Also does this seem like it would be a good place to stay for the race?

As far as being able to get good healthy meals and being able to relax and prepare for the event, and with regards to location for race day are there any other hotels or options that you might recommend?

Thanks for the help
El Cozumeleno is about 2-3 miles North of downtown. So, it's on the opposite end of the island from where you're thinking. Healthy eating means a lot of different things to athletes, so, what are you looking for?

El Cozumeleno is about 2-3 miles North of downtown. So, it's on the opposite end of the island from where you're thinking. Healthy eating means a lot of different things to athletes, so, what are you looking for?

Ah I see....So El Coz is actually on the run section of the race, over by the golf course/airport then. Not sure why I was thinking it was on the other side of town. Approximately how long of a walk would it be to town from the hotel?

As far as healthy eating goes, I was thinking fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean meats would be ideal. Mainly just want to make sure the food isn't all too greasy/fried and that there are options to eat well.

Mstrdvr, Thanks for the good wishes.

El Coz may not be a bad choice. I read somewhere that the near by Melia was the "host" base hotel. They ran a free bus to the swim start from there on race day. Plus any significant others based there will be easy to find for supplies during the multi lap run. It is a good long walk to town, but taxis are plenty anytime other than race time.

Good luck

Rich

Ah I see....So El Coz is actually on the run section of the race, over by the golf course/airport then. Not sure why I was thinking it was on the other side of town. Approximately how long of a walk would it be to town from the hotel?

As far as healthy eating goes, I was thinking fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean meats would be ideal. Mainly just want to make sure the food isn't all too greasy/fried and that there are options to eat well.

Mstrdvr, Thanks for the good wishes.

Could you have been thinking of El Cid la Ceiba as I believe it is near the Int'l Pier?

Back
Top Bottom