Info about Atomic Titanium X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can someone give me some info about this first and second stage? I've tried googling and nothing really comes up about this exact model. I got it for practically nothing. It looks really new, but I guess it's actually quite old and just not used much. The din screw is a single piece of titanium.

IMG_1150.jpg

What do you want/need to know? The T1 became the T1x around 2001/2002. The Ti bling on the second stage is what made it the X. The first stage appears to have been updated and has the current jet seat piston and has been sealed. Probably has the stainless steel piston. Cannot tell but it looks like second has a new newer wider exhaust. Hopefully the DIN is also Ti. Looks it like Ti swivel hose too. We dive this version. I like the Ti bling, subtle but spiffy.

Now the one question remaining can you use it with air and nitrox or should it be dedicated to air or nitrox (but not both)? Atomic will say this version should be dedicated to air or nitrox (but not both). However, many use it with both air and nitrox. To hedge my bets mine are sealed and the piston is monel. Atomic would advise a series of parts be swapped to monel so to be used for both air and nitrox.

Great reg, even better that you got a deal on it. Like others have said, early to mid 00's, but with maintenance that thing should last forever. Any specific info you are looking for?

Not the original poster but I would like to know any info specific to the Tx model. There is info available through search on the T1, T1x, T2, T2x and T3 but nothing I am aware of about the Tx. When did it appear in the line up for instance? Does it predate the T1?

T1 - the original circa 1998
T1x - Ti bling on the second stage circa 2001
T2 - Jet set piston first stage, purge cover on the second stage circa 2005
T2x - Monel parts on first stage for using with both air and nitrox circa 2008

All dates are approximate.

Scared Silly nailed it...

Nothing meaningful to add: Original T1s need an upgrade to the modern style piston as the old piston had sharp edges and there don't seem to be seats for that. The upgrade appears to already have been done, judging by the round rubber cap on the first stage.

That's basically the reg I dive. My second stages look like that but have the new housing that has a slightly larger bore, but that's really not important.

You got an amazing deal. As long as you use 30% nitrox or less (air in my case), this reg is hard to beat. This reg has more titanium in it than a T2X or T3, and has a steel piston instead of monel. I would not upgrade it with Monel parts to increase the nitrox rating. There are reasonably priced second hand T2X regs for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom