Inflator Hose Bungee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a piece of bicycle inner tube on 2 inch webbing. Some like me me prefer to restrain the LP hose and leave the corrugated hose free.

If you put something captive on your harness like inner tube put a spare section on there while you are at it.

Pete

I use a piece of bicycle inner tube on 2 inch webbing. Some like me me prefer to restrain the LP hose and leave the corrugated hose free.

If you put something captive on your harness like inner tube put a spare section on there while you are at it.

Pete
Man after my own heart !!!!!

I don't think that that is good at all - it looks so unstretchable.....

I have even switch 5mm bungee to 3mm which is ok.

Just one trick - american hoses have much wider ribs than european and when a curved up it fits together closer . At american type , bungee could still catches itself between ribs and '' broke '' corrugated

hose on half ( if it is not enough streatchable ) that air get out more difficult .

I don't think that that is good at all - it looks so unstretchable.....

With proper length corrugated hose and proper placement of left shoulder d-ring it doesn't NEED to stretch. If you're stretching the attachement to elevate the inflator it's likely that you are pulling too hard on your inflator. You shouldn't need to do anything more than raise it to a point higher than the elbow valve. Perhaps arch your back or roll your left shoulder if needed, but no need to pull on the hose hard enough to stretch whatever you're using to attach it.

Another alternative is bungie loops that women use on their hair. There is a wide selection at Walmart.

They make decent snorkel keepers too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom