Infinity Bay Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really like the comments here. I think there are a few levels of overnights one can have in roatan. One is the all inclusive feed your face dive resort, one is the highend upper crust designer swimsuit and flat screen Brangelina type lodging (IB) and then there are the quaint little Bed and Breakfasts that have local pets and ex pats fulfilling a fantasy. The latter being our favorite mode of lodging. We have a friend who is a local there and we visited her quite a bit when we were there and plan on a repeat visit very soon.

Of course I'm no local islander. My comments were strictly based on my personal biases towards what happened in Costa Rica and Cozumel. Both were once lavish unspoiled little gems. They are now western escapes for the most lavish of NA tourists. I feel Cozumel is ruined. It's more important to go claim your Carlos and Charlie's tshirt than it is to explore ruins, eat locally, and fish the channels off Isla Mujeres.

Roatan will one day be a concrete jungle unfortunately. You have your whole life to stay in a sterile posh hotel. Make Roatan a special globally minded vacation that gives you the close interactivity with someone who fell in love with what makes Roatan, Roatan.

Thirty years from now you will smile at your photos and relish in the cocktails you had with the local hotel owner and you will be glad you took that third world experience to heart and "dove" into the Roatan experience.

My fiancee and I practice low impact eco travelling. Its a personal choice and we have the greatest time on our trips as a result. We never leave a country feeling disconnected and we like it that way. We have a global experience and we hope everyone who visits these boards as respectful divers invites this practice into their own lives. That is my whole point in all my posts. Have fun DiveNoob

Last edited:
My fiancee and I practice low impact eco travelling.
Did you Fly to Roatan rather than sail? Did the place you stay have solar or wind power? Did they have high end waste treatment? How elaborate was their water collection system? Did you shore dive rather than go out on those enviro unfriendly dive boats? Did you eat only sustainable foods that were in season and legally caught?
Come on, Many of us do our fair share and anyone wanting to discuss my contri's to the green thing can message me but PUHLEEEEEZE, do not suggest one week long tourist really does any better than the other in the grand scheme of things and by all means do not tell us you were an Islander for a week when you simply stayed at a less expensive place

We try to eat locally and in season everywhere we go. BTW, RTBDiver, I probably have taken you to and from RTB at times because that's my job.

Think about the fact that I have a conscience and would like to have as little an impact on the earth following my day flying tourists like you for $199 all around the world. When the shoes come off, I like to make damn sure I don't follow the lead of the obese American asses I see being rude to gate agents, demanding VIP service even though you've spent $99 per one way and overall being offensive as people who do impact the environment negatively.

So I'm opinionated about the effect Americans have when they visit Roatan. Even as a veteran of our military I'm conscious about our presence. So I'm being respectful of my visit to Roatan. Stay classy.

My fiancee and I practice low impact eco travelling. Its a personal choice and we have the greatest time on our trips as a result. We never leave a country feeling disconnected and we like it that way. We have a global experience and we hope everyone who visits these boards as respectful divers invites this practice into their own lives. That is my whole point in all my posts. Have fun DiveNoob

:shakehead: ho, hum...

Oh well to each their own...

Luvie.... would you fresh'n my cocktail pleeeeeeeezeeeee....

jim-backus.jpg

Think about the fact that I have a conscience and would like to have as little an impact on the earth following my day flying tourists like you for $199 all around the world. When the shoes come off, I like to make damn sure I don't follow the lead of the obese American asses I see being rude to gate agents, demanding VIP service even though you've spent $99 per one way and overall being offensive as people who do impact the environment negatively.

So I'm opinionated about the effect Americans have when they visit Roatan. Even as a veteran of our military I'm conscious about our presence. So I'm being respectful of my visit to Roatan. Stay classy.

Sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays..... :shocked2:

Damn Americans, all traipsing around the globe spending their devil money, forcing it down the throats of all those locals so they can eat and stuff!

wow this spun off the tracks completely...Have fun in Roataan and please post a report. I am looking at March/April, so welcome all advice....

We try to eat locally and in season everywhere we go. .

So you did not buy your groceries and cook your own meals with rice, beans and plantains as a local would do yet you suggested you were an Islander as opposed to a tourist? Weird

wow this spun off the tracks completely...Have fun in Roataan and please post a report. I am looking at March/April, so welcome all advice....

Will do... trying to stay clear of the drama llama that seems to have taken over this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom