Inexpensive Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy:
Since it's got only one regulator outlet and more points of failure, what do you intend to use these for?
To look cool.

I think vintage gear is neat. I would love to try an old style reg and what not.

Soggy:
Since it's got only one regulator outlet and more points of failure, what do you intend to use these for?

Um, you do realize the post was in the Sea Hunt Era forum, right?

Soggy:

Well, I figure he is probably going to dive it.

If he uses a double hose regulator, over all, he would have substantially less points of failure than a modern rig and both his first and second stages are protected from the environment (environmentally sealed).

JeffG:
To look cool.

I think vintage gear is neat. I would love to try an old style reg and what not.

Yeah...looking cool is important. :wink:

im putting a set togather just like that,not sure what to do for a bc though,would a horsecollar have enough lift for this?

Soggy:

Diving

divinginn:
im putting a set togather just like that,not sure what to do for a bc though,would a horsecollar have enough lift for this?
Does anyone check to see what forum this is in? A 'BC' is not needed to dive double 72s (unless you are using thick wetsuits). In fact, before moving to WA state, I always dove my 72s with 4# in my 3mm, none if I was wearing my vintage 'plumb smugglers'

i will be using 7mill wetsuit,50 degree water even in the summer,but if i lived in hawaii,i might wear nothing or just a skin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom