Indra dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yardpro

Contributor
Reaction score
Morehead City, North Carolina, United States
# of dives
0 - 24
went to the Indra today with Tortuga.

What a nice day on a first class boat with great people...

We had an out going tide on the way out with big rollers so it was slow going, but Tortuga kept us smooth and dry.
we got to the indra and were all by ourselves.

I was the first in the water and you could see the wreck from the top.... WOO HOO....

i swam down and had 50' visibility. there were TONS of fish... BIG blues, amberjack, spanish, literal clouds of small baitfish.

as the dive progressed the visibility reduced to 20ish feet, but still not bad for the indra.

I was swimming around the west side and as i rounded the bow i came face to face with a 7ish foot bull... i mean literally face to face.

I was looking down at shells and looked up and he was about 5 feet in front of me and heading straight for me....

I freaked and swam away, but he had no interest in me. he was doing laps around the wreck.. he was there both dives and had no interest in us...

that was by far the closest encounter i have had with a bull....

It was a great day and a great dive......

thanks ken.

Back
Top Bottom