Indonesia closed for foreigners 01 - 14 January 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indonesia is NOT the only place crying out for tourist.
Any responsible Gov should make the welfare of its own people as No.1 priority.
Thailand has set a very good example. Tourists are most welcome but they must be able to fulfill the very tough entry requirement.
Perhaps Indonesian Gov could introduce a similar scheme as a start. And in the mean time start to speed up the vaccination program. I am not suggesting a preferential treatment to Balinese.

I have not booked any flight when majority airlines started to introduce "travel fund" instead of full refund. HK and Singapore has created a "travel bubble" agreement last yr and before the plan could begin. HK was hit by the new upsurge of the virus and everything was put on hold until now.

I won't pay anything in advance even with the promise of full refund. What happen if the foreign operator declare bankrupt afterward?
I would rather sit and wait.

I don’t have Instagram so I can’t open the link. Is April 3022 a typo? Should it be April 2021?
You don't need an account to open the link.
Where was April 3022 mentioned?
The link clearly states, in three places and the title, 2022, not 2021. Unlikely it is a 4x typo.

You don't need an account to open the link.
Where was April 3022 mentioned?
The link clearly states, in three places and the title, 2022, not 2021. Unlikely it is a 4x typo.

Sorry for my typo. It’s ~3:50 am now in Maldives. I’m still barely waking up & need a morning coffee. LOL.

You are right. I was able to open it up on my 2nd attempt.

They are overly cautious, I would say.

Just forget about Indonesia for now. Come to Maldives, Cocos, Socorro, Galápagos etc., while the costs are incredibly cheap and plenty of space to spread out and not too many divers in the water. I’ve been getting my own cabin for half the price of double occupancy.

I think you might be right. Other recent interviews with the minister seem to be talking about opening Bali “soon” (as you posted while I was typing). 2022 is not soon.
No, not a typo: 2022.

I believe Indonesian Gov could not justify itself by giving Bali a priority treatment in respect to the vaccination program.

That's very bad news. Komodo and Raja Ampat are big dive destinations, with trips booked well in advance, and travel arrangements to/from and within Indonesia (e.g.: airfare and hotel stays) need to be booked well in advance. A lot of people are booked for late 2021/early 2022. And must then ask...what to do now?

Well I am not booking anything until general tourism is open and even then governments may only allow vaccinated people in and there is still the issue that even quarantines are still required but perhaps for 5 days not two weeks.

Anyone booked for 2021 or early 2022 should be looking at a reschedule for later on really. I see on e LOB advertising today for an 11 day Raja Ampat tour but they are not getting the people already in Indonesia to travel with them me thinks.
Lot's of special deals being promoted for those in country. For the rest of us it's in dreams only for the foreseeable future.

I do not get: This refers to the whole country or only to Bali?

I do not get: This refers to the whole country or only to Bali?
Nothing is sure yet about the policy for the coming months or longer. At the moment Bali and Jakarta are having priority for the vaccines. And people working in tourism are one of the priority groups at Bali. This message from the minister was about Bali. I probably means that other parts of Indonesia will be later. Anyway, as the last 13 months showed, nothing can be predicted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom