Indonesia / Bali / Komodo - diving tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One more question please ref to the visa. Would you know if you need to get it in advance, or can be paid at arrival? I'm Spanish citizen living in Switzerland. Thanks again!

For European citizens the visa is free. You just get your passport stamped on arrival and departure. No more fees, stickers and immigration forms

That's assuming the purpose of your visit to be tourism and you stay for up to 30 days (if needed it can be extended for another 30 days but you have to extend it before it expires)

Luko has some great points on Tulamben vs Lembeh. The value of Tulamben is really hard to beat. Having a private guide, free nitrox, price of accomadation and diving, making your own schedule, having the freedom to wander and eat out, flying into Bali and no more flights, having great topside sightseeing for non-divers, makes Tulamben hard to beat.

Hi folks. Sorry if this counts as a thead-jack but who is this Tulamben dive shop that is reasonably priced and provides private guides and free nitrox? Or do they all? I am looking at May or June - too early for mola mola but otherwise is it a decent time to go? I would like some macro and some reef if possible.. and I love wrecks..

Thanks

Hi folks. Sorry if this counts as a thead-jack but who is this Tulamben dive shop that is reasonably priced and provides private guides and free nitrox? Or do they all? I am looking at May or June - too early for mola mola but otherwise is it a decent time to go? I would like some macro and some reef if possible.. and I love wrecks..

Thanks

That would be Liberty Dive Resort. Other shops may do also.

May might be better, "high season" creeps in later, though I'm not sure high season this year will be quite as busy. And yes, Liberty Dive Resort is who you want. Free nitrox is fairly common with other resorts in Tulamben but LDR has some great guides that have been with them a long time, just like the rest of their staff. They usually have a 4:1 dive guide ratio but will often assign one guide to a couple.

I've stayed there bunches because It's well organized, well run and always feels like family when I'm there. They handle all the tanks etc. and will either drive you to sites or at worst you'll take a short walk (just carry your fins & mask) down to the beach where the Liberty wreck is. I had hoped to make it back to stay at LDR in May but looks like it won't be until the fall now. Sigh. // ww

upload_2018-3-15_9-55-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-15_9-49-51.png
    upload_2018-3-15_9-49-51.png
    698.1 KB · Views: 111
  • upload_2018-3-15_9-54-39.png
    upload_2018-3-15_9-54-39.png
    727.2 KB · Views: 64
Thanks dirtfarmer, JohnN and Warmwater Wank... I will look up Liberty Dive immediately!

A follow-up question - if I wanted to do some days on Tulamben and some on Lembongen (where so far I have seen recommendations for Big Fish and for World Diving) - would say 4-5 days in each be appropriate? Or more for one or the other? They seem fairly reachable from each other but as I understand it each has different attractions?

Sorry if these are dumb questions - although I have dived elsewhere in Indonesia a few years ago (Bunaken, Lembeh, Raja Ampat) I have never been in the Bali area before..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom