Indian Rocks Beach Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I Dive

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I remember awhile back someone posted on here about an IR Beach shore dive. I've never heard of anything worth diving there, and I honestly would be surprised if there was anything diveable there, but it can't hurt to reach out and see if anyone knows anything. If I can find a shore dive 20 minutes from my house I am going to become the happiest man on the planet...I can't remember who the original poster was so I'm just throwing this out for anyone who may know something. :confused:

Maybe those of us who are close enough to check it out, should just go? After diving in Boca Ciega...I'm up for it. lol

It was a 9-10 foot dive. I saw blennies, blue crabs, a few seastars and lots of algae, which is typical. Nothing spectacular, but when I wanted to get my fins wet it sufficed. I actually saw more while snorkeling from the Isla del Sol area...snook like to hide out in certain spots and crevalle jacks and sheepshead are typically around. It was interesting to see so many purple sea whips too...I didn't expect to see them there, so that was cool.

It was a 9-10 foot dive. I saw blennies, blue crabs, a few seastars and lots of algae, which is typical. Nothing spectacular, but when I wanted to get my fins wet it sufficed. I actually saw more while snorkeling from the Isla del Sol area...snook like to hide out in certain spots and crevalle jacks and sheepshead are typically around. It was interesting to see so many purple sea whips too...I didn't expect to see them there, so that was cool.

That sounds like a spectacular dive! LMAO!
Thanks for the dive report.

This just in from the source Kim22:

I just got the specs on this from my friend today. It is actually Belleair Beach. I have not been there yet. She is at DEMA and is due back on Saturday, so I'm sure I could probably "convince" her to maybe do this on Sunday, because by then she will have been out of the water for over a week and will be dry and needing moisture.

Details:

"It is on the Gulf side of Gulf Blvd. You take a LEFT after you come to Gulf Blvd off the Belleair causeway. Then you take a RIGHT on 22nd Ave. and park by the hotel. You walk to the beach and see the buoys."

I looked at the site on Google Earth, but couldn't tell if those were buoys in the water or something else. Supposedly not very deep (think Venice Beach) and lots of fish.

Cool. Let us know if it works out. I would love to go hit this some time. Any newdive site is worth at least one dive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom