Indepth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apecks

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anybody done or teach any of there courses?

In my search for ongoing courses (advanced wreck, solo diving etc) they keep appearing and some of there courses sound ok. There website is very basic and undetailed, no discussion about them in the agencies forum and I have only ever seen them in Thailand. I had a look through some of there course materials when I was last back in Thailand and they were all prototype books.

Worth a look (and cash :shocked2:) or not?

I will post here but this also applies to your Solo Diving thread. My advise would be to focus your search on the instructor. When venturing into the technical diving arena or moving outside the rec diving arena the most important thing is to find a experienced and compatible instructor. The agency is a secondary consideration. You really want to get instruction from someone that has done the kind of diving and does it currently so they have lots of personal experience not just experience repeating what the agency puts in the manual.

It is also important to have some idea on where you want to end up in the future as your selection of courses and progression now can be more effective if you know where you want to end up.

Many of the shops in Thailand advertise technical course but in reality use Instructors whom only come to teach those specific courses and do not have a Technical Instructor on staff that teaches full time.

I cannot make a recommendation on whom can teach a Solo Course since its not something that is in great demand. But I can for a Technical Wreck Course. If your interested send me a pm and I will give you a couple of names around Thailand and if you cannot take the course other than in Pattaya let me know and I can just make recommendation for that area.

John

(oops, sorry, meant to post this to your SDI Solo Diver thread, got them mixed up.)

We don't do the SDI course Apecks, but we do offer the same content through PERT, Professional Emergency Response Training organization). The guy at the head of PERT in the US used to be the head of the ERDI side of SDI / TDI.

www.aquanautsdive.com/pert

PERT is the ERD training arm of InDepth. We don't offer InDepth courses as they conflict with PADI's

Of course if tech is what you're interested in, then we're in that game too:

www.ThailandTechDiving.com

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom