independent bar- orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

munkispank

Contributor
Reaction score
are there any freaks from Orlando out there?
I'm going to be in orlando for a conference and was considering hitting this bar- anyone know what it is like?

unfortunately I won't be in town long enought to dive :(

I think we'll need a trip report after you hit the bar, m'dear... :wink:

Hey Grier,
well, failing being able to dive in Orlando, I have to fill my time somehow!!!

thanks Pete- that excactly what i wanted to know. I'm planning to wander around the area, but wanted to check that was OK as I will be alone. Thanks for the input-I'm looking forward to beign warm again for a couple of days :)

munkispank:
are there any freaks from Orlando out there?
I take offense to this term :wink:
munkispank:
I'm going to be in orlando for a conference and was considering hitting this bar- anyone know what it is like?

unfortunately I won't be in town long enought to dive :(
When are you coming, how long are you staying? Why are you particularly keen on independant bar - i actually dont know this one, but a lot of them get renamed every now and then. Some bars in the area are reasonable, some are just downright trashy and college kid magnets. You can walk around downtown quite freely, there is parking right there on central, as well as other streets in the area.

simbrooks:
I take offense to this term :wink:

When are you coming, how long are you staying? Why are you particularly keen on independant bar - i actually dont know this one, but a lot of them get renamed every now and then. Some bars in the area are reasonable, some are just downright trashy and college kid magnets. You can walk around downtown quite freely, there is parking right there on central, as well as other streets in the area.

hey Simbrooks- I'm in town tomorrow for two nights.
The term "freaks" refers more to the clientelle I have been advised frequents that bar- and from me that is a term of endearment :wink:

just picked this one cos it said they are more alternative music wise and it seemed to be more my thing. Apart form that I will probably just wander around.
It might be a bit if a shock for me to be in a big city again after six months here in the wilds of Burlington

Thanks for all the tips .

munkispank:
hey Simbrooks- I'm in town tomorrow for two nights.
The term "freaks" refers more to the clientelle I have been advised frequents that bar- and from me that is a term of endearment :wink:

just picked this one cos it said they are more alternative music wise and it seemed to be more my thing. Apart form that I will probably just wander around.
It might be a bit if a shock for me to be in a big city again after six months here in the wilds of Burlington

Thanks for all the tips .
Not sure if this is either another new name for the Social (always has a range of bands playing) or the bar just next door which is a little more alternative - i am guessing the latter. Might be around town tomorrow night, i live just outside downtown like Peter. Not sure i would be up for that, but there are plenty of options in town. We are up early the next morning to get to Jax and some superbowl thing, so probably wont be up too late.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom