Incident at pool today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a rescue diver too and I would have handled the guy differently. I would have given him a thumbs up and at the surface said, "hey buddy, your tank strap is slipping, why don't we move to the shallow end and fix it?" Then I would have gently touched his inflator hose and shot some air in his BC. You can take a diver who is not in distress and make them that way. Not to be critical, but just because you are a rescue diver doesn't mean you need to be looking for a victim.

There is an entire group of experienced divers on this board who wear MOF. :D

TheRedHead:
There is an entire group of experienced divers on this board who wear MOF. :D
All in need of being saved.

JeffG:
All in need of being saved.
:lol: ROFL!

I agree. I'm no rescue diver, but I would also have handled the situation differently. Still it's ok that he was there to help any way he knew how. Better this than not doing anything at all.

dlent:
For all of us commoners out there... what is MOF?

Mask on forehead. And if anyone can save them, it's Jeff. :D

Mask on forehead. Some out there believe that a mask on your forehead is a sign of distress, some don't believe this. I won't even begin to argue the merits of either, do a search and you'll find what you're looking for there. We don't need yet another MOF vs NMOF thread.

TxHockeyGuy:
Mask on forehead. Some out there believe that a mask on your forehead is a sign of distress, some don't believe this. I won't even begin to argue the merits of either, do a search and you'll find what you're looking for there. We don't need yet another MOF vs NMOF thread.

I'm gonna tell Hockeynut about this.....you'll be sorry. :D

Hi Pirate! :)

khacken:
If someone is wearing a snorkel, but looks 100% comfortable, I am going to move my attention somewhere else pretty fast.

It is just an attention getting and nothing more to me.

Why should another divers snorkel be of any concern to you in any event?

Back
Top Bottom