Inbound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishyak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys, I'm going to put some feelers out here:

I'm headed into RDU for 10 days towards the end of November and I will have weekDAYS off. Is it worth bringing my gear in or will it be a mess out there with no boats to catch during the week?

Going into next year, this trip looks like it might repeat itself monthly (10 days with weekDAYS off). How many of you guys have weekdays off? Send me a PM if interested in getting together to at least help me out with the lowdown on diving NC.

FYI:I started diving in Rhode Island so currents and low vis are no prob. I dive for work daily and have hundreds of logged dives. Most are single al80s in 80' or less and wet but I am comfortable with diving dry, nitrox, fresh water, light wreck penetration, going up to 130' and I really enjoy freedive spearfishing to 80' (not between scuba drops though!) For what it's worth i'll probably take an adv. nitrox and deco. procedures course within the next 6 mos. I'm open to almost anything, even FW diving!

-Gabe

Gabe

You might post also on NCDivers.com and RAD (Raleigh Area Divers) on facebook. A lot of the local divers lurk on both of those and some have boats at the coast.

For freshwater, you are talking one of the local quarries. Fantasy Lake is on the edge of Raleigh. Popular place to go and just practice and mess around. There is a RAD group that dives there frequently on Th night. There are others that sometimes dive during the week. Viz is inverse to temp. Temp is starting to drop so viz is going up.

There are some six packs around like Tortuga out of Morehead which will run midweek if you can get the divers. I have seen some other requests for midweek dives so you might be able to drum up a trip.

Great, thanks for the leads Steve, I'll check them out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom