Inaugural RMO Gathering Pot Luck signup..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capnsnott:
PS,
Ron,
I'm planning on playing a couple PB games on Sunday. My wife gave me the OK to spend an hour over at the field (before the Fathers Day activities begin). You are welcome to show up if you will be in the area. I never pass up the chance to shoot a friend LOL
Greg

Sunday will likely not work out for me, fathers day and all.

I will DEFINATELY be there on Sat...

I've heard very mixed reports on finding the plane. I'm going to pick up two tanks, and that is as much as I want to do there for one day. If we can not locate the plane, well so be it.

Have you found it in the past, and do you know where it is? As said, it is DEFINATLEY NOT where the buoy is right now, and vis is not good enough that we will spot it from any distance.

I was told there is a platform about 60' off shore, and that the plane is not far from that. However we did not see a platform when we where there. The water level is definately up based on what I've heard....

In any event, the diving may not be awesome, but we will have fun.

Looks like Capnsnot already has the chips. I'll grab a watermellon and something else, I just don't know what that something else is yet. I figure with a watermellon, someone might actually get a chance to use thier dive knife :)

Hello again,
Looks like I've had a change of plans and will not make the party ...er I mean
the dive trip. Hope to make the next. Ray.

Sure, I will actually shoot one on most dives I do now. I'm all about practicing my skills.

I checked in with Odyssey this morning, Kathy was there yesterday and again today. She said the water was at max level and vis was 27'+ She could see the surface from the plane. Which bye the way is still where it is supposed to be, however, someone has moved the buoy. I will try to get a heading from her from the beach.
I have 3 bags of chips, paper plates, plastic utensils and cups.
Greg

On a sad note,
Rickster is no longer in Colorado.

He either moved to Phoenix or California. Last he was heard of, he was driving to AZ for his daughter in laws wedding (his wife flew out ahead of him), but his mother is very sick in CA, so he was possible going to have to go there and help her.

Rick, if you read this, drop me an email, we want to know you are OK.

Greg

Curious why this thread is now a sticky.

Sorry for the ingorance here, but as a newly arrived diver, I have to ask, "Where is this plane everyone is talking about?". Is it "close" to metro-Denver area?

Pete

The airplane is a small Cessna sunk in Aurora Reservoir. This res is at E-470 & Quincy, just east of the Denver metro area.

Back
Top Bottom