In orlando anyone want to dive in jupiter on friday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The dive was pretty decent. My wife for her first ocean dive did pretty good. My octo started free flowing first dive. My wife didn't have enough weight on. So we go RE dropped after I sorted out my reg and got some more weight on her. No problem finding the reef and near the end of the dive we found the back end of the group. My wife was like a kid in a candy store pointing at everything. Didn't see any of the sharks or the lone octopus everyone else saw. Second dive was bad by my standards my wife still liked it. We started following a few people going after bugs. Then decided to go off on our own because they were finning pretty hard in what I thought was the wrong direction over sand. We got back over a reef. Apparently the wrong one or a lone outcrop. As soon as we drifted past that heading south we were over sand for the rest of the dive. She still liked it seeing some fish but I wish we were on the main .reef. for anyone wondering, there was a random south current maybe 40 foot vis. Whatever reef is south of Scarface and then we hit lighthouse going southbound as well.

You did pretty well considering the non-typical conditions. We also had a weak southerly current, which tends to spread the group out and harder to stay on the reef.

Also I heard vis was kinda poor, it was a little better today. But despite all that, your wife really took to it, that’s the best part. And next time I’ll bet you get the usual northerly current, which is easier to dive and drift in.
Well done under the circumstances.

see,no worries... all went well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom