In Or Out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put mine outside. The zippers would get stressed if i put the boots on the outside of the leg. However i dont have very good seals on my wetsuit, so it doesnt really help :wink:

When I was diving wet - Outside, always. Feet warmer, and essential fluids drain into my buddie's slip stream and not my feet. (did I almost say sip stream... ew.)

~~~~~~~~~~

Lets move on to an equally important subject. Ugg Boots and divers. First of all - what's the deal with Suede boots near the water? But why do you tuck your jeans into them? So what, you also tuck your jeans into your cowboy boots (where the heck is DD when you need him...?) and jam your your sweats into the tops of your Chucks?

Get a grip, people. Pants go outside, unless you're wearing waders. They're shoes, not legwarmers. Put down the Flashdance soundtrack and pull your pants out of your shoes.

Thank you.

K

Mo2vation:
Lets move on to an equally important subject. Ugg Boots and divers. First of all - what's the deal with Suede boots near the water? But why do you tuck your jeans into them? So what, you also tuck your jeans into your cowboy boots (where the heck is DD when you need him...?) and jam your your sweats into the tops of your Chucks?

Get a grip, people. Pants go outside, unless you're wearing waders. They're shoes, not legwarmers. Put down the Flashdance soundtrack and pull your pants out of your shoes.
Uh oh, the scuba diving fashion police are out again :wink:

Do you check for PADI underwater fashion parade cards as well?

I wear my boots under the legs, just like I do with my Ugg knockoffs (which don't go near the water). I found on one of my OW checkout dives that boots on the outside filled with water when I swam.

While I agree completely with mo2vation, my reasoning is functional, not fashion. I have zippered boots and non-zippered wetsuit legs. I get a much better seal if I put the legs outside the boots. 'Course, I only really worry about it in cold water with my 7mm suit.

MSilvia:
I found on one of my OW checkout dives that boots on the outside filled with water when I swam.

2nd that...

And I've had gravel and sand get inside my boots when they strayed to the outside world.

When I dive wet, the inner part goes inside the boot and the zippered outer leg goes over the boot.

Outside, that way the water that is in the suit can run out without filling up your booties.

Back
Top Bottom