In Malaysia till 10th Oct, Where should I go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is SWV compared to Kapalai? I could still make changes if that is better and available....

How is SWV compared to Kapalai? I could still make changes if that is better and available....

I have stayed at both. They are both nice. SWV is probable a notch higher in terms of pampering customers (like during the check in and departure). Also the rooms at SWV are a bit nicer. SWV gets a lot a Japanese tourists, so there is a bit more formality and ritual to the service, I suppose.

I'm heading to SWV in 5 days. It was highly recommanded. I was told Kapalai is a good second choice and Smart only if you can't get any of the other ones.

HI,

well, you've got recommendations...take your pick. Probably you may want to write to them directly on arrangements, number of dives, timing of first or last dives...most of all, make sure you are comfortable rather than out recommendations. Or guaranteed dive the next day or full day dive at Sipadan or fees included? stuff like that.

I have seen some pay super pricey package a get great service. Some of the same but complained. Some paid simply cheap pricing with good service and they are happy but there are still some who demanded more.

It is a matter of choices. Probably you can do a list, ask some questions including our reviews and make a comparison.

Also, you have to get permits to dive sipidan. SWV gets the most out of all the other resorts. Kapalai gets the second most.

I booked SWV and changed my flights....

Cost almost 300 USD to change Air Asia flights....however, it works out better for my entire trip anyway.

I hope those permits wont be a problem.....looking forward to taking some pics on this trip!

US$300 to change flights!!!!!!!!????????? we paid about US$95 for return tix JB - Tawau.
Now, AirAsia is charging RM30 for "Sports equipment surcharge", even your check in baggage weighs less than 15kg. However, when they ask you if your baggage is "sports equipment" at check in, you just say "No, it's cloths" then they don't charge you. I put my diving gear in meshbag but told them it's cloths when asked, then they didn't charge me extra. Diving in Sipadan was better than expected. corals are in pretty good condition, nice beautiful seafans etc...great viz, 30m+, tempted to go deeper easily. lots of turtles, whitetips, huge tunas, school of jacks & cudas etc... "Seaventure" is must if you like muck diving. it's like junk yard but so many things to see!
As for Sipadan permit, we get to do 2 dives at Sipadan everyday except on the day we arrived.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom