In Malaysia till 10th Oct, Where should I go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I was in Sipadan in May and it was amazing. I have lived and worked in Thailand for 7 years, and Sipadan just blew me away. There are plenty of places to stay, either on Mabul, Kapalai, the mainland, even on a oilrig/hotel.
I would go there if I was you. If you get your flights with AirAsia, then it can work out pretty cheap as well.

Hope this was useful

Didn't you start the thread asking about Layang Layang a few months ago???....that made me want to go!...I'll Blame you for my 5K if it is bad diving!!!!...LOL....The research I have done is that it is the Best in Malaysia in fact coming back from Sipadan I met a man on the plane who asked how I liked Sipadan.....being I was there for 10 days 35 dives....vis about 30' and just about all I saw was turtles...I did not have a glowing report on Sipadan....he asked me "why did you not go to our finest diving...Layang Layang"...your thread made me look at it again and I am going during the Hammerhead migration....Pak....Please tell me you got some bad info????....LOL

Travelnsj, hahaha, yes I was looking into it at one point earlier this year...:coffee:

Sorry I should clarify again that I haven't been to Layang Layang and what I wrote is second hand from some people in my local dive club and others I've met in my dive travel around Asia. Maybe they just had bad luck on their trip. I'm pretty sure they went close to the peak season. As I was booked to go to Cocos Island this Aug, I decided to skip on Layang Layang.

On the other hand, you've got posts from Live_in_Sin saying its great and I know she's been to good number of well known dive sites around Asia:10:.

Make sure James takes a photo of your mooner on your Sipidan trip :lotsalove:

Mooner? if it is what I think you mean, the pic would look so much better if you were mooning a shark.... of course...I could be lost in translation....

Kimchihead, No naked diving, Ramadan starts tomorrow, you see we have to respect the culture of the host! I'll be wearing 3mm and wearing hood!?
hope the dive guides are not too hungry during day though........

Eskasi : anyway, am heading to Mabul (diving with borneo divers - Kapalai was full!!) this friday so will let you know later it worth going.

Yes pls be respectful of the local culture and wear your hood at all times... even topside...:dork2:

Good luck getting the guides to take you on a nightdive during ramadan! They'll be too busy eating! :wink:

I would eat with them....then go diving!...Er "Live In Sin"...I look forward to your report! the full house situation does not instill any confidence!

BTW..... are you in any way related to http://www.astherlau.com/ ? Just wondering.....

depends on monsoon but March could be a bit early. you should go in april / May.

Hi,

I do agree. In fact I was there in May and the dive was fantastic. Think if I were to go again will try it in April this time. LayangLayang for some reason did not get their draw on the hammers and hey..they seems to be back ! :D

Get to see almost everything you can list except for whale shark and thresher...HH yes, Eagle and devil rays...almost all dives, mantas yes.

I do diving in Sipadan as well, but they are of a different diving conditions. The wall dives at LayangLayang is never comparable to Sipadan's and some other wall dives in our region. But the perlargic actions does differ though...haha

Though I liked LayangLayang diving, I still cannot forget the great dive I had at Sipadan barracuda point,mid reef and South Point.

Mabul water bungalows FULLY BOOKED all through October!

Crap. There are also not many chalets at SMART left. I ended up booking Kapalai on the 3rd till the 7th.

Anyone staying at that resort around then? Any advice for those staying at Kapalai?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom