In honor of sharkweek I made this gem.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick Briseno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I cant wait for shark week!!
B2d79M5.jpg

And what, pray tell, is the attraction of shark week?

And what, pray tell, is the attraction of shark week?

Tara Reid

I'm done.

Most of us who know anything about sharks avoid Shark Week like the plague... although if you don't take it seriously, I guess it could be fun.

cute art work...thanks for sharing.

Most of us who know anything about sharks avoid Shark Week like the plague... although if you don't take it seriously, I guess it could be fun.
The only reason I watch it is because sharks are by far my favorite animal, yes shark week portrays them in a negative light. But I do enjoy picking through the bullsh*t while watching the shows.

The only reason I watch it is because sharks are by far my favorite animal, yes shark week portrays them in a negative light. But I do enjoy picking through the bullsh*t while watching the shows.

So Shark Week, filled with inaccuracies, demonizing and sensationalizing sharks, feeds the image of them as "man-eaters", yet you contribute to its ratings. I don't understand that. There are meaningful ways to counter the programs' effects, if you're interested in doing that.

Even Peter Benchley, who wrote "Jaws", remarked afterwards that if he had known what it would do to people's perception of sharks, he never would have written it. So it goes with Shark Week, perpetuating the "monster" image for the sake of ratings.

Well Said, but for alot of people shark week is filled with the grandeur of these creatures, which fills us with both avid curiosity and respect as it should.

Last edited:
So Shark Week, filled with inaccuracies, demonizing and sensationalizing sharks, feeds the image of them as "man-eaters", yet you contribute to its ratings. I don't understand that. There are meaningful ways to counter the programs' effects, if you're interested in doing that.

Even Peter Benchley, who wrote "Jaws", remarked afterwards that if he had known what it would do to people's perception of sharks, he never would have written it. So it goes with Shark Week, perpetuating the "monster" image for the sake of ratings.
As a former Nielsen employee, I can say for sure that unless you have the Nielsen equipment in your house, you are not contributing to a shows ratings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom