In Defense of Pony Bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did you like the 13 in a slung configuration? I haven't tried it but some say that it is too short and doesn't hang good.

teknitroxdiver:
How did you like the 13 in a slung configuration? I haven't tried it but some say that it is too short and doesn't hang good.

It hung fine - it's so tiny it's as though it's not even there. I was using it as a deco bottle while wearing doubles (short deco obviously). Not really a lot of value as a deco bottle due to it's size. When I use it as a pony for single tank shore dives I prefer to hard mount it, upside down, with Highland Mills bands.

--Matt

IMNSHO... there is no need to defend ponies. I have used one for many years, and religiously since the one time I needed it I wasn't "carrying." It is the best insurance I carry (as a solo diver). And when I don't dive solo, there are very few buddies I've dived with (other than my reliable regulars... Dr. Bill's very own "Angels") that I wouldn't feel a pony was necessary.

Dr. Bill

"...we'll be right back to our thread after these unrelated words..."
Rick Inman:
Exactly. I went fly fishing on the Yakima River this week and didn't have as much success as teknitroxdiver did with Pug. However, I see UP only needs 37 more posts to hit 10,000. :wink:
Uncle Pug:
And I shall have them before the first of the week.. which as you know is tomorrow. :D
You didn't make it! :11:

Rick Inman:
"...we'll be right back to our thread after these unrelated words..."

You didn't make it! :11:

Scubaboard went down for an hour to backup the database. You got lucky this time Pug. :D

Rick Inman:
Exactly. I went fly fishing on the Yakima River this week and didn't have as much success as teknitroxdiver did with Pug. However, I see UP only needs 37 more posts to hit 10,000. :wink:

Better enjoy that river now!! Unless we get some more snow you'll be able to walk across it without getting your feet wet. :42:

drbill:
IMNSHO... there is no need to defend ponies. I have used one for many years, and religiously since the one time I needed it I wasn't "carrying." It is the best insurance I carry (as a solo diver). And when I don't dive solo, there are very few buddies I've dived with (other than my reliable regulars... Dr. Bill's very own "Angels") that I wouldn't feel a pony was necessary.

Dr. Bill
EXACTLY!!!!!!!! :wink:

Snowbear:
Well, he made it by the END of the day anyhow.

I will give him this.... At least he didn't just try to boost his post count to meet his self-imposed deadline by adding to stuff like the "Word association" thread, like SOME folks do :wink:

*cough*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom