Suggestion Improve Mobile Access?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
A

ArcticDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in a frequent travel mode again so I try to access SB with my BB or iPaq. Frankly that is a PAIN. I wonder if you could do what several of the other web sites do? They seem to detect what browser and operating system is being used and automatically switch to a "mobile site" that is optimized for the small screens and slower speeds for things like smartphones.

I know you have a skeletonized version that can be selected. But that can only be done after signing in, which is difficult on a small screen and with mobile connection speeds.

I cannot see a "Subscribe To" button in threads on SB mobile. Am I missing it or is it really not there?

Posted via Mobile Device

AFAIK, it's not there.

Posting a message in a thread should get a you a subscription though.

That might be something to consider because it would reduce the "just posting to subscribe" posts (even though these are not numerous that I have noticed). That is if it is easy to add of course. Just food for thought.

Posted via Mobile Device

well beforehand my default for subscriptions was "no".

when I got a mobile that would access SB, I had to change that to Yes and then go back and select yes manually on certain threads because that's the best way to view threads you're reading...

not really what a I wanted to do, but figured it wasn't that bad either...

well beforehand my default for subscriptions was "no".

when I got a mobile that would access SB, I had to change that to Yes and then go back and select yes manually on certain threads because that's the best way to view threads you're reading...

not really what a I wanted to do, but figured it wasn't that bad either...

Do you mean that when you read a thread you were automatically subscribed if yes was selected somewhere?

Posted via Mobile Device

Do you mean that when you read a thread you were automatically subscribed if yes was selected somewhere?

Posted via Mobile Device

If you'll notice El Orans changed 'read' above to 'post'.

You can set it to when you post in a thread that it will automatically subscribe you. Then you can choose "no notification", "Instant email notification", or "Daily" or "Weekly" email notification.

click on User CP --> Edit Options --> Scroll down to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" --> select pull down menu and make your choice.

direct link to that page http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

(might be easier to do this on a non mobile browser).

OK I thought you were adding to my comment about having a way to subscribe without posting. Oops. But seriously, I think that that would be a great feature because lots of times I read something and need to check something before posting.....like today on my way home. I do think the "Subscribe to" option on Mobile would be something that would add value for the user.

Back
Top Bottom