Suggestion Improve Mobile Access?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
A

ArcticDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in a frequent travel mode again so I try to access SB with my BB or iPaq. Frankly that is a PAIN. I wonder if you could do what several of the other web sites do? They seem to detect what browser and operating system is being used and automatically switch to a "mobile site" that is optimized for the small screens and slower speeds for things like smartphones.

I know you have a skeletonized version that can be selected. But that can only be done after signing in, which is difficult on a small screen and with mobile connection speeds.

I'm in a frequent travel mode again so I try to access SB with my BB or iPaq. Frankly that is a PAIN. I wonder if you could do what several of the other web sites do? They seem to detect what browser and operating system is being used and automatically switch to a "mobile site" that is optimized for the small screens and slower speeds for things like smartphones.

I know you have a skeletonized version that can be selected. But that can only be done after signing in, which is difficult on a small screen and with mobile connection speeds.

If I am not mistaken, when that skeleton version is selected it also only goes a couple of layers. I was using a "simpler" layer but when I went to get into my PMs, it went to full version. I agree that what you are talking about woulf be very nice feature......especially considering I am too cheap to give the greedy buggers at Rogers more money each month for additional mobile bandwidth.

I'll try that. Of course the first time I'll have to manually enter the link gasp :D

Email it to yourself and then copy and paste :D

I too will give it a try.

OK, I just entered it, correctly I might add, and am on the mobile site. One more suggestion. Move the Log In to first in the list instead of way down.

I do like the fact that you will accept mulitple log ins from the same user. I'm logged in twice right now; once on each machine. Nice.

arcticdiver...

check a thread that changes often and see if the thread updates on your mobile device... or do you have to manually refresh it.

some of us are having that problem with mobile browsers.

I made a bookmark with that link on my PDA some time back and it used to work but no longer does. The mobile style produces a page which makes my device gag and say it can't display it.

Super! Let me play with it for a bit to see how it works with my international version of the BB Pearl.

Back
Top Bottom