Imperial Wetsuit Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GIFCo147

Registered
Reaction score
Imperial Wetsuit Owners

Think back...

Are you a Turtle?

Answer _________________________

:D

I was. One of my favorite wetsuits was an Imperial. I distinctly remember not paying my phone bill so I could buy one. Was a great suit. Don't remember why I got rid of it, probably lost it in a move way back when.

I wish I could still buy a new Imperial.
Aloha Turtleguy9

My first wetsuit was an Imperial Turtle. I used it from about '75 to '81 and put hundreds of dives on it including some commercial work.

couv

I had a custom Imperial wetsuit around 1973, when dry suits were pretty scarce and real expensive. I used my Imperial until around 1985. The left arm appeared to be a different lot of material than the rest of the suit. The exterior fabric delaminated entirely, but just on the left arm. I used this suit with great satisfaction in the 40-50 deg water off the coast of CA and in the 35 deg water of Lake Superior. My suit was a custom design by the Olympic Scuba School in Walnut Creek, CA. Dave Olson, the owner, had developed the extra-warm suit for northern California diving. It kind of amazes me now to see dry suits being used in 68 degree water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom