I'm Still Here..........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildbill

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey there fellow SBer's. This is the 1st. time I've been on the internet since good ole CHARLEY. Wife, Son and I are OK. My house is wet and messy. I have worked since Fri the 13th for ten straight days before I had any time off and have logged 63 hours of overtime since then as well. I have to rebuild about half my house but like I told my wife at least I have one to rebuild. I have seen more heartache in the last week than I want to see in a long time. But you can't cry over spilt milk. We wanted to remodel anyway and now we get the Ins. Co. to help pay for it. Had the adjuster out yesterday and I wasn't impressed. We argued over about water damage that he wanted to just paint over :11: . I asked him about temporary housing and about buying a small trailer to use and have Ins. pay for it and he stated that the Ins. Co. usually don't do it that way. I stated that what difference does it matter if the Ins. Co. pays Days Inn for my shelter or RV World. But I got a call from him today and the Co. has agreed to pay for a trailer, can you believe it. :wink: From what he told me that because of the amount of people displaced from there homes and the hundreds of workers here to help that no housing is available. My neighbor found a place in Venice for $2,200 per month and that is about average. So what my Ins. Co. is going to do is figure approx. how many months my house will be un-liveable and pay me for those. So if I'm out six months I will get $12,00.00 towards a new travel trailer.

Anyway again we are all safe and I'm jonesing for venice Beach dive. I want to thank CBulla, KBulla and ReefGuy for there concerns and support. My cell phone was not working and finally got to eat a hot meal in Venice I think Mon or Tues. (everyday is the same here...I've not read a full newspaper since Charley hit. I just keep saving them up) I was finally able to check phone messages and they all called to ckeck on me and offer help. I want to thank 8buck for checking in with me a couple of times and offering up help or what ever I needed.

What a great little group we have here on the Scuba Board. :wink:

Glad to hear you are okay and have found the silver lining. Stay safe and know that our thoughts are with you!

Hi Bill,

I'm sorry to hear about the damage, but am glad to see that you and the family are safe.

Take care,
Grier

Great to hear you back and ready to dive. Even though things got rough, at least they are on the up slowly but surely now! Good luck with the ins co. and hope you get your life back in order real soon.

Welcome back to the cyber world WildBill. Even though you are out of my area, I want to say thank you for the hard work and effort that you and other emergency workers put in to make things at least a little sane after a crisis like Charley. People forget that the law enforcement, fire fighters/EMT's, doctors and nurses all live in the area as well and something like this affects even the people who are there to help.

Good luck with the house.

Joe

Buddy, I'm just happy you and your family are safe. I reiterate, if ya'll need anything, just holler.. we're only a short way away.

Glad to hear that you're safe and doing ok. Don't over work yourself, that won't help anything!

I'm across the country, but if there is anything I can do, let me know!

Kayla

Wildbill:
Hey there fellow SBer's. This is the 1st. time I've been on the internet since good ole CHARLEY. Wife, Son and I are OK. My house is wet and messy. I have worked since Fri the 13th for ten straight days before I had any time off and have logged 63 hours of overtime since then as well. I have to rebuild about half my house but like I told my wife at least I have one to rebuild. I have seen more heartache in the last week than I want to see in a long time. But you can't cry over spilt milk. We wanted to remodel anyway and now we get the Ins. Co. to help pay for it. Had the adjuster out yesterday and I wasn't impressed. We argued over about water damage that he wanted to just paint over :11: . I asked him about temporary housing and about buying a small trailer to use and have Ins. pay for it and he stated that the Ins. Co. usually don't do it that way. I stated that what difference does it matter if the Ins. Co. pays Days Inn for my shelter or RV World. But I got a call from him today and the Co. has agreed to pay for a trailer, can you believe it. :wink: From what he told me that because of the amount of people displaced from there homes and the hundreds of workers here to help that no housing is available. My neighbor found a place in Venice for $2,200 per month and that is about average. So what my Ins. Co. is going to do is figure approx. how many months my house will be un-liveable and pay me for those. So if I'm out six months I will get $12,00.00 towards a new travel trailer.

Anyway again we are all safe and I'm jonesing for venice Beach dive. I want to thank CBulla, KBulla and ReefGuy for there concerns and support. My cell phone was not working and finally got to eat a hot meal in Venice I think Mon or Tues. (everyday is the same here...I've not read a full newspaper since Charley hit. I just keep saving them up) I was finally able to check phone messages and they all called to ckeck on me and offer help. I want to thank 8buck for checking in with me a couple of times and offering up help or what ever I needed.

What a great little group we have here on the Scuba Board. :wink:

First and foremost, every one is OK! Funny how those insurance companies don't want to keep their end of the deal. Glad to hear you were persistent and actually ended up better. Chalk one up for the common person.

Wooohooo on the trailer! I'm glad to hear ya'll are fine. Sorry about the house. I'm thinking if you get to a point in the repairs that you need a few extra hands, it would be a great excuse for us to all get together and lend a fellow SB'er (and for us, a fellow LEO) one. You just say the word, and we'll be there.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom