I'm seeing a lot of second hand rebeathers sale recently, something going I'm not aware of, as I'm tempted to get one.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ps. and everyone listing your CCR Petrel 2 at retail now because you got a Petrel 3, or some other weird reason you ended up with too many controllers--no we don't want your disused computer.

We got our own Petrel 3's, we are holding on the our 2's as field backups/spares, like a sane person.

Not like someone in la la land who thinks they can sell everything they are finished using at the same price that the company does, new in box. It's not Amazon, honey.

What's the difference between a mint used unit and a new one? The basic architecture for many units has not changed, but the inflation went up, at least in the US. Perhaps 10% off the new unit price is a bit dreamy, but ~20% is quite acceptable.
I see people listing all sorts of items for near (and sometimes over) new prices. When you can list it for free, and you have the time to let it sit, what is there to loose (from the sellers point of view)? If someone actually pays it, more power to the seller.

The down side is it litters the ads with stuff that will never sell.

I just found a Citron 2Cv, have not had a hobby car in a few years. For sale sign had been in the window so long the writing had nearly faded out. Stupid high price. It will sit forever that the price. But get that one person that has to have it now, they can make a fortune on it. Anyone who would normally buy it, just laughs and walks away. They are clearly not trying to unload it.

I wouldn't pay 80% of what a new one would cost regardless of hours or maintenance.
10hr on the unit during the class. The owner decided not to pursue CC. Would you not take that at 20% off?

10hr on the unit during the class. The owner decided not to pursue CC. Would you not take that at 20% off?

10 hours is 10 hours. It could’ve been flooded, ran over, and left wet for 4 years. But heck it’s only got 10 hours on it.

I took some solid time building my previous response and I don’t want to reiterate myself but. Find the WHO, WHEN, WHY, HOW, before you look for the WHAT.

You’re instructor should be able to answer any and all questions you would have on the unit you may be looking at.

I’ve offered people as little as 30% of retail on a unit that had 10 hours on it.

Probably not unless it just came back from the manufacturer and I stood to save a bunch on taxes/shipping.

**** just buy one I can't see why people continue to write rite of passage piffle when they know it's piffle

Ooh ahh let's torture anyone thats thinking about a rebreather like we were tortured
because it would be unfair, to just give the people good info without torturing them as we were tortured

and don't forget to pick up your DSV from the instructor because divers are dumb and can not read
and will never understand any information until it has passed the silver lined lips of those instructing

Buy a cheap unit, to get into the market like a house, learn it prepare for your course, get instruction

If you're going to play on the tracks know the timetable, because you never want to mess with trains

Just do it because you want to do it any reason you want to do it that is your reason not their reason

and not every dive is a 1000 metre shore dive, phew

and now for interval some historically light singing and dancing music

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom