I'm seeing a lot of second hand rebeathers sale recently, something going I'm not aware of, as I'm tempted to get one.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you’re not doing 50 dives a year, it’s not realistic to think you’ll be able to keep the skills sharp enough.
I second that and add : be sure to try several rebreather IRL first, way before you get yourself fixed on a unit. I'd say all rigs on the market are good, and all look good on paper, but they may not be right for you underwater. Choosing the wrong rebreather is time, money, and moral consuming.

Is Kiss sidewinder CE rated? I suspect that why you havent seen many chops, I guess you;; start to see FXCCR and Halcyon's CHalcyma soon enough
Current one isn't, but the new ones coming out are.

I second that and add : be sure to try several rebreather IRL first, way before you get yourself fixed on a unit. I'd say all rigs on the market are good, and all look good on paper, but they may not be right for you underwater. Choosing the wrong rebreather is time, money, and moral consuming.
Good advice, but don't you need few dozen hours on the unit to be able to make informed decision?

Good advice, but don't you need few dozen hours on the unit to be able to make informed decision?
To quote Richard Pyle,
Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 3.54.43 PM.png
Sound advice. Any bit of complacency or inattention and a rebreather can and will assist you in self euthanasia. You and the rebreather have to be at 100%. Unlike OC, a minor issue can be quite unfriendly with a rbr.

It'd help certainly, but before that by trying a rig, you'll be able to discover if it's too bulky for you, to complicated to set up before diving, etc...

Choosing the wrong rebreather is time, money, and moral consuming.

Ha ha ha ha ha I love this man morally consuming

Now not exactly what you mean, but, ha ha ha ha

My theorum is to buy whatever is out there for five or ten grand less and learn to use it, make it fit but I'm big

You are making fun of a person just because he dropped an "e" from a word. Knowing that English isn't his first language, you are now being really mean.

Sound advice. Any bit of complacency or inattention and a rebreather can and will assist you in self euthanasia. You and the rebreather have to be at 100%. Unlike OC, a minor issue can be quite unfriendly with a rbr.
Corners get cut and it continues until every dive is negligent on several levels. "Human factors"

Courses should be super strict. If we can't do it right on the course, we absolutely won't do it right outside of the course.

The more you want one, the more you see them. The more you see them, the more you want one.
Exactly. I don't see as many for sale as I once did. But when I was interested in them, I could find them everywhere. Same thing for classic cars. When I have an interest in one, I can spot it a mile away, knowing exactly what I am looking at. But when it isn't one I am looking for, takes something special to actually see one.

So what you are saying is that you want one now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom