I'm seeing a lot of second hand rebeathers sale recently, something going I'm not aware of, as I'm tempted to get one.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bork-it

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm seeing a lot of second hand rebeathers sale recently, JJ, AP diving, poseidon, end even some KISS, something going I'm not aware of? As I'm tempted to get one.

I have had two girlfriends that did dressage and eventing with horses floats, and pony club
that probably took up 100 times less time than rebreathers and then there's the other stuff

I think alot of people are moving on to chestmount or sidewinder style for versatility.

It’s not uncommon to see a lot of used units on the market. A lot of divers get really excited about rebreathers only to find out about a year into it that they just don’t have the time to dedicate to them to keep up the skill set to dive them safely. If you’re not doing 50 dives a year, it’s not realistic to think you’ll be able to keep the skills sharp enough.

People may be seeing their last chance to try for a good resale value ($5-8k) on what was a standard flagship rebreather, that nobody will pay more than ~$3k for in a couple more years.

People listing 5+ year old CCRs at a ~10% discount off the new price are living on some other planet.

If anyone feels their 'like new, some scratches' DiveCAN JJ, XCCR, rEvo is now obsolete or unused now because they got a sidewinder or chestmount (or newborn child), I'll start my offer at ~$3000 👍🏼

The "next gen" non-backmount/lite travel tool CCRs are hot, new, different, sexy, put in the plane overhead bin, tack onto existing OC tech gear 🪄

People with ordinary lives need to be using them at least once every couple months, if even for ordinary 1-hour non-deco dives. With two CCRs? A family and career?

There is a recession and push for return to office. People might be finding out that they are simply not diving as much as they used to or don’t have enough time to build the unit and drive to the dive sites. So they will try to sell newish units that have out of test cylinders, need new cells etc. at an exaggerated price.

CCR and technical training is/was down too, so you have a missing generation of divers who might buy a used unit.

Didn’t see a single Choptima or Kiss on my last dive, it was all AP/rEvo/JJ/XCCR.

Didn’t see a single Choptima or Kiss on my last dive, it was all AP/rEvo/JJ/XCCR.
Is Kiss sidewinder CE rated? I suspect that why you havent seen many chops, I guess you;; start to see FXCCR and Halcyon's CHalcyma soon enough

Its very simple. When you are paying 18% interest on a $12,000 credit card balance that drops your credit score 60 points, for a piece of gear you actually may need 4 times a year, it may be time to adjust your life choices.

Is Kiss sidewinder CE rated?

To the best of my knowledge : it is not. Heard something about that trough the grapevine, but is it fact or rumor, I've no idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom