I'm screwed.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh wow. I know we got some kind of summer special, but I don't know if it was that good. Anyway, I have left a message with the reservations desk as well.

I love wreck diving. That's one of the reasons we're coming to Bermuda. Graham said the water temp has been around 84. What kind of exposure protection do you typically wear?

I just came back. Most people wore shorties. After 4 dives, I was overheating in mine and switched to swimsuit and t-shirt. The water is really warm minimal thermocline if at all. Vis was excellent too. Also nice to dive with 6lbs on belt!

I just came back. Most people wore shorties. After 4 dives, I was overheating in mine and switched to swimsuit and t-shirt. The water is really warm minimal thermocline if at all. Vis was excellent too. Also nice to dive with 6lbs on belt!

Excellent! Better than quarry diving where bottom temps are around 58 degrees. I guess you experience some of that in Jersey, too. bbrrrrr. I love Jersey divers.

Did you see/do anything notable while you were there?

Grotto Bay has rebooked us so I'm officially bumped to August 29th. Now I can relax a bit.

It looks like Mr.Bill is just going to brush by us on the way North, but good idea changing dates at least now the visability will be better and hopefully the seas will be nice and calm. It feels like its the calm before the storm here, except for one freak thunder storm today you would never know a storm like Hurricane Bill was on the way!

I wore a 3 MM shortie when I went diving about three weeks ago and I got hot too, Its nice to have though if your going to do multiple dives... just in case.

Hope you have a fun dive trip!!!

Excellent! Better than quarry diving where bottom temps are around 58 degrees. I guess you experience some of that in Jersey, too. bbrrrrr. I love Jersey divers.

Grotto Bay has rebooked us so I'm officially bumped to August 29th. Now I can relax a bit.

I've dived with Graham about ten times. MUCH better than West Side Diving. You will be disappointed if you're looking for much macro or even fish. Bermuda corals are very healthy but somewhat unicolor. Some of the best Brain Corals that you will ever see. But...it's all about the wrecks. The wrecks are fun and you can explore at your leisure. You can opt to dive with a guide but I prefer to dive with a buddy and not have to follow a guide (and a bunch of newbies). You cannot get lost. If you're diving a reef, you may want to consider a DM. But be prepared to cut your dive time considerably. We averaged over an hour for each dive on our last trip. One dive went to 73 mins. And no complaints from Graham at all. He is absolutely awesome. Watch out for his dog when you come back from the dive. Very cute.

And yes, warm water diving beats the heck out of DS. I've done 41 dives in DS this year and it doesn't get any better...

It looks like Mr.Bill is just going to brush by us on the way North, but good idea changing dates at least now the visability will be better and hopefully the seas will be nice and calm. It feels like its the calm before the storm here, except for one freak thunder storm today you would never know a storm like Hurricane Bill was on the way!

I wore a 3 MM shortie when I went diving about three weeks ago and I got hot too, Its nice to have though if your going to do multiple dives... just in case.

Thanks for your input. I will bring my 3/2 full as well for later in the week.

I think we made a good decision. If vis is bad with rough seas even through Monday or Tuesday, that's a good part of our dive vacation lost. Better to wait and we look forward to seeing your beautiful island under more perfect conditions.

Make sure that you spend an hour in the cave at the Grotto. It's free (unbelievable for Bermuda) and will save you a trip into the expensive long lines at Crystal and Fantasy. Also, when you're in Hamilton, try and sneak into the XL building and see their aquarium to the left of reception. That is awesome. Little Venice across from XL is an outstanding Italian restaurant. Well worth a visit. Have fun!

Hope the NE quadrant doesn't get ya'll---that's the bad-arse part of the storm.........good luck.....button down the hatches just in case.....

I've dived with Graham about ten times. MUCH better than West Side Diving. You will be disappointed if you're looking for much macro or even fish. Bermuda corals are very healthy but somewhat unicolor. Some of the best Brain Corals that you will ever see. But...it's all about the wrecks. The wrecks are fun and you can explore at your leisure. You can opt to dive with a guide but I prefer to dive with a buddy and not have to follow a guide (and a bunch of newbies). You cannot get lost. If you're diving a reef, you may want to consider a DM. But be prepared to cut your dive time considerably. We averaged over an hour for each dive on our last trip. One dive went to 73 mins. And no complaints from Graham at all. He is absolutely awesome. Watch out for his dog when you come back from the dive. Very cute.

And yes, warm water diving beats the heck out of DS. I've done 41 dives in DS this year and it doesn't get any better...

Thanks a bunch. It's always nice to know what to expect since I'll be bringing a DSLR and strobe setup. I'll be getting some nice wide angle wreck shots. I agree that wrecks are typically easy to navigate. At least when you have decent vis. I was diving with 2 others (my husband and TripNTx) on the Benwood in Key Largo. At the end of the dive vis went to about 15 ft and none of us could figure out where the mooring line was. Good thing it's only a 40 ft dive!
Does Graham have a border terrier? That's what it looks like on the website.

Back
Top Bottom