im not really a dir diver...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone has questions about DIR, what it is, what its all about, gear configurations, etc, etc, you should really pick up Jarrod Jablonski's book. Read it, absorb the info, and then you will be much more informed than reading and posting here. Then, if you decide you like DIR, then take a DIR-F class. That will teach you much more than a book or internet message board ever will.

LUBOLD8431:
pick up Jarrod Jablonski's book. Read it, absorb the info, and then you will be much more informed than reading and posting here. Then, if you decide you like DIR, then take a DIR-F class. That will teach you much more than a book or internet message board ever will.

GOOD RESPONSE

The gear works for everyone else so im sure it works for you :wink:

Boogie711:
OK - first point- study your English comprehension and grammar in school. Although I may not be fair - is English your first language? If its not, I apologize.

His public profile makes much mention of the UK. I would therefore assume his primary language is English.

I think no one is guarding his bridge.

Yo JR ... I too was certified to dive @ 15. But way back when it was a full-fledged cert, not "Jr. OW Diver". Anyway, my point is this: 28 years later I am still learning.

There is much information available; some valuable, some worthless. Take the time to listen and learn.

G_M

Boogie711:
Was that you who was on here earlier and said 100% oxygen in your tanks was "cool?"

what, you don't like deep O2. or cease divin. common now..What about deep argon, are u down for that?

Hell go and join your local BSAC group - they (at least used to) offer training which appears to be equivelent to DIR. Although I cannot be sure now since BSAC altered their training structure and I've never taken a DIR course. But it sounds like they are equivalent (unlike PADI or SSI etc.,)

junior diver:
i wasn't saying that 100% was cool as in good, i meant cool as in wierd cos i didn't think that that was normal, ive put that on the thread, and when i said i didn't think it was clever to be told what to BUY, not do, as some gear wont fit certain people, not neccessairly because of size like L, XL and so on, i mean, any size of Dacor BCD doesn't go well with me, i just don;t like the style and i don't think (though i realise that there isn't much deifferenct) that i personally dive as well with them, i have dived the, before but have dived them before i got my own gear, i don't like them and i don;t fit with them, like some people may not fit with halcyon and so on, now does anyone have any EQUIPMENT tips as i tend to actually be complimented (not sure whether out of kindness or otherwise) on good diving techniques normally, because when ive read all my books and waiting to get more, i just read my diving manuals again, and sice this happens normally at least twice a month i am normally kept up to date ad i go diving at least once every 3 weeks (normally every week in a pool, three in open water) so please dont criticise me on anything like that when you have never seen me dive like telling me that dir is mainly on buddy techniques and dive planning i was wondering about equipment, and trying not to sound too arrogant, can somebody please give me some good tips of equipment configuration

Call me crazy, but was that 500 line post one sentence?? I saw alot of commas, but no periods! Sorry, just messing with you!!

don't like full stops, like comma's though, sorry for being a bit arrogant before and the DIS site is amazing, it really helped im going to see if i can get to one of the workshops

Junior,
Just looking out for your best interests . . . .
Make sure that you at least learn to tolerate them before you ever submit a resume.

. . . an Old Man who reads young peoples' resumes . . .

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom