I'm making it official

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
Ahoy there Sea Yoda! Welcome aboard the good ship lollipop! ERrr... Scubaboard!! Don't mind me, I'm up way past my bed time and have been playing with my son till he finally wore out and crashed a few minutes ago.... where was I.... OH yeah! Hope to dive with you sometime soon.. maybe June 12th?? Some of us are participating in the Ocean Watch clean up event in down in Ft Lauderdale :D

If thats to far to dive, no worries, almost everyweekend some of us are diving somewhere near you or where you want to go.. just let us know your going to be there so we know to save a spot under the dive flag for ya :D

I'll keep an eye out for your bubble trail :seen:

James Goddard:
As a former resident of Mobile, I can emphaticly say that LA is the little tip to the left of Florida. Specificly Mobile and Baldwin counties. That is of course unless you are in school at USA, then you have the acronym all messed up.

In any event, I can't imagine anyone living in Florida who would want to claim they live in Alabama. Must be a story there...

Welcome,

James

Just repeating what I've heard :blink:

SeaYoda:
What was that song about ocean front property? Isn't there also a saying about DRY heat? Where do you get in the water?

How long have you been an MT?
I have been a Med Tech for a long time...

Not sure about the song about the ocean front property---but I have heard people say after the "Big earthquake" in California, Arizona will have ocean front property.

It's HOT----but it is a DRY HEAT!

This by the way is a lot more comfortable than high humidity!

As of 3:47 PM today it was 98.6 °F and our humidity was 9%

This is better than the temperature of 90 °F and 90% humidity. Like I remember growing up in the Midwest!

We dive in "Cold Water Kelp Forest” Southern California Channel Islands, Sea of Cortez next to Baja California (Mexico), Florida Keys, Roatan and our last trip two weeks ago to Cozumel…can not wait to go back again!

An AZ diver

azsilver:
It's HOT----but it is a DRY HEAT!

This by the way is a lot more comfortable than high humidity!

As of 3:47 PM today it was 98.6 °F and our humidity was 9%

This is better than the temperature of 90 °F and 90% humidity. Like I remember growing up in the Midwest!
I just got back from visiting family in Las Vegas. Hit 104 on one of our excursions. I'll take 100 in the desert over 85 here any day of the week....

James Goddard:
In any event, I can't imagine anyone living in Florida who would want to claim they live in Alabama. Must be a story there...

Welcome,

James

That would be so people don't expect them to speak Spanish. Amazing how many people think Florida is just what you see in Broward, Palm Beach and Dade counties. Oh, and of course, the Orlando area is typical Florida too!

The rarest thing in Florida is a native Floridian. Maybe even more rare than an English speaker in Miami.

Even I make that type of mistake concerning South Florida. I was going through a beautiful section of road near Gainesville, with overhanging oak trees creating a tunnel. My mother said it reminded her of old Miami. I was shocked to realize that Miami actually did have trees other than palm trees before they were all cut down!

I just hope all the immigrants (from north and south) stay south of the Tropic of Cracker and leave North Florida for us natives.

James Goddard:
As a former resident of Mobile, I can emphaticly say that LA is the little tip to the left of Florida. Specificly Mobile and Baldwin counties. That is of course unless you are in school at USA, then you have the acronym all messed up.

Welcome,

James

Bah! Niceville/Destin/Ft Walton, ect sit right under AL :) Its just a play on that simple fact.

I'm in Baldwin County, hence the neighbor comment. I can agree with not claiming AL though, I still claim my birthplace of LA(state, not city) even though I have no plans on moving back. I'm 20 min from the beach here and I'm loving it! That simple fact will keep AL my home for a very long time. :wink:

SuPrBuGmAn:
I'm 20 min from the beach here.
Hmm, I'm guessing that puts you pretty darn close to one of the biggest speed traps in the country :)...

azsilver:
Not sure about the song about the ocean front property---
I believe it's a George Strait song, and that's about the only line I remember "I've got some, Ocean front property in Arizona..." Of course, like all, well most cowboys, he's lying. :D

azsilver:
It's HOT----but it is a DRY HEAT! This by the way is a lot more comfortable than high humidity!
Man, I'll take high humidity and a 20 min drive to the ocean over Dry Heat and a greater than 20 min drive to the ocean any day of the week and four times on Sunday, but that's just me. As far as the remainder of the times, that's why we have central A/C in So. Fla. :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom