I'm losing a dive buddy... but gaining a daughter-in-law

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
As some of you know, my son Kevin was certified to dive last summer and we've had a few great weekends of diving together. Then last week he tells me that he is moving to Colorado at the ed of the month. I leave for Atlanta for the holidays next Monday so I rushed over to spend two days with him before he leaves.

Then he drops the bombshell... he and his long-term GF Mary are getting married in March (when I'm supposed to be diving Cocos and the Galapagos). Of course I'm happy for the two of them but...

Isn't the father supposed to get married before the son?

Congrats! If your son wants to, he could get ahold of some of us Rocky Mountain Oysters that hang out here on Scubaboard. Maybe for vacation, he can bring a bunch of us out to visit you and do some diving off Catalina!
Seriously though, if they need anything out here in Colorado, send a pm!

Thanks, DiveDoggie. I've heard there are more divers per capita in Colorado than anywhere else. I will definitely be in touch when he's settled in. The area he plans to move to is Highlands Ranch about 25 miles south of Denver.

Congrats to you and your son I found myself in a simular situation two years ago when my daughter moved back to mich to be with her long time boyfriend and finish college. Well as it turns out I not only gained a son-in-law but another dive buddy (got him certified in april) and have a grand dive buddy coming in Feb. So you see it all works out! And to answer your question no the dad does not need to be married (me) before the kid gets married.

Congratulations! I also have no daughters-in-law, but I have hopes for the two sons-in-law AND the two (so far) grandsons.

Two more of my daughters (there are five) plan on getting certified during the winter here in Chicago. The LDS has a very warm pool. Then down to Florida for the check-out dives.

Congratulations!

No, the dad doesn't HAVE to be married before the son. Showing your age there, Dr. Bill. :shakehead:

You may have lost a local dive buddy... however, you're gaining a daughter-in-law, hopefully little ones to teach, and a whole community of Colorado divers!! and as Divedoggie mentioned, most of them will want be your new buddy in Catalina :wink:

Ugh Highlands Ranch! cookie cutterville? :wink:

Anyway, he's going to go nuts here if he likes to dive.

Congrats Dr. Bill. Out of courtesy they should move the wedding around a dive trip to Cocos...if not, take them with you...

Let me know anytime you need a stand-in dive buddy...I'm just Ferry ride away...

and single...

Back
Top Bottom