I'm in for DIR-F

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

good luck to everyone taking a DIR-f. It should be a great learning experience.it was for me. I took mine in canada with Dan.

Good Luck with the DIR-F course. I just finished mine up last month. It was great. I figured I'd learn a lot, but thats an understatement. A whole new world was opened up for me... Good Diving and don't forget to have fun!!!

deluca2799:
Cool, I'll be taking my DIR-F at the end of April with Dan McKay up here in Canada. I am really looking forward to it!

Sounds like I'll be on the same course as you are!!!!!! I too have signed up for the end-of-April one here in Canada. I intend to dive it wet even though I don't yet have pockets (working on it). Hopefully my own regs will be in by then.

FreeFloat:
Sounds like I'll be on the same course as you are!!!!!! I too have signed up for the end-of-April one here in Canada. I intend to dive it wet even though I don't yet have pockets (working on it). Hopefully my own regs will be in by then.

Cool, I'm really looking forward to DIR-F. If you need pockets try X-shorts. They slip on over whatever exposure suit you are using. I bought a pair for my cavern diving course in mexico and they worked great!

deluca2799:
Cool, I'll be taking my DIR-F at the end of April with Dan McKay up here in Canada. I am really looking forward to it!

Im in the same course as well :wink:

I'm having to wait until next year to take DIR-F. My daughter is 15 now.

But, I hadn't thought about the equipment requirements. What exactly is needed. I had been thinking mostly in terms of BP/W. What's all the other stuff we need?

UWSojourner:
I'm having to wait until next year to take DIR-F. My daughter is 15 now.

But, I hadn't thought about the equipment requirements. What exactly is needed. I had been thinking mostly in terms of BP/W. What's all the other stuff we need?
You can check out the GUE website at www.gue.com ot the 5th D website about gear here.
For specific gear for Marc Hall's course (wich is most likely the standard) check out the site here.
I hope this helps out.

Thanks. Marc's sites lists

Cylinders
Single tank configuration with K, H or Y valve.

Do you need your own tanks?

im sure you can rent tanks. I would ust call ahead and make sure they keep they for you.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom