I'm in for DIR-F

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Phillips

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm in for DIR-F! I just signed up for the April calss in San Diego through Marc Hall of SDUE, so I expect the next month and a half to drag by very slow as I wait for the date to arrive!
I will enjoy this!

Good job Robertphillips5.
I start my DIRF class the 24th of this month in Sacramento with Joe Talavera.
I should have done this sooner.
I too will enjoy this.
Best of diving to ya.
mech

mech:
Good job Robertphillips5.
I start my DIRF class the 24th of this month in Sacramento with Joe Talavera.
I should have done this sooner.
I too will enjoy this.
Best of diving to ya.
mech

very cool that you signed up. Joe is an excellent instructor and I think your really going to enjoy the class. Also, I'll be there just hangin out so I look forward to seeing you there.

Scott,
Thanks for steering towards Joe.
I appreciate it.
I'm looking forward to meeting you.
robertphillips5 I'll PM you with a report.
If I'm slow kick me in the ...
mech

Cool! I hope to hear from you after the class. I'll let you know how mine went too. I hate to have to wait for so long, but I'd like to get at least a half dozen or so dives on my drysuit before the class so I've got the weighting thing down so I dont look like a complete charlie foxtrot in the water.
Dive safe.
Robert

Hey Robert,

That's great that you are coming down here for the DIR-F class. I hope you enjoy it.

I would love to get in on a class like that and start improving my skills. The only problem is that my set-up is not DIR approved.

I would have to buy new hoses and the wet notes, spool with 70 to 100 feet of line, surface marker buoy or lift bag, and knife, plus the cost of the class. Seems like it will all add up to be quite a bit -- though all of my other gear seems to be appropriate. Eventually I'll probably take a course like that to improve my abilities. The skills taught in that class seem to be very valuable. Marc seems to be quite knowledgeable. I am sure it'll be a worthwhile experience.

raposarose:
Hey Robert,

That's great that you are coming down here for the DIR-F class. I hope you enjoy it.
Thanks Raposa, I am sure I will enjoy it!

raposarose:
I would love to get in on a class like that and start improving my skills. The only problem is that my set-up is not DIR approved.

I would have to buy new hoses and the wet notes, spool with 70 to 100 feet of line, surface marker buoy or lift bag, and knife, plus the cost of the class. Seems like it will all add up to be quite a bit -- though all of my other gear seems to be appropriate. Eventually I'll probably take a course like that to improve my abilities. The skills taught in that class seem to be very valuable. Marc seems to be quite knowledgeable. I am sure it'll be a worthwhile experience.
You can find hoses on E-Bay for fairly cheap, I found a knife that I like on E-Bay also for $13 and I just used a AA cell Mag-light pocket to put it on my waist strap. The spool was pricey, but worth it and an SMB can be found for $30-60 at various places.
I havent gotten wet-notes yet because I don't have pockets on my drysuit, so no place to store them. The class is almost 2 months away, so I have time.
I might do the class in my wetsuit with pockets if the water temp is decent tho.
Marc is definitley a good guy and it should be a great class. Maybe you can do it next year. Although, the class is open as a seminar the first night. Drop him a line and see if you can sit in on the demo and info portion.
Take it easy and dive safe!
Robert

Thanks for all the tips. I'll email Marc. I am still a new diver so I have plenty of time. If you like the dive sites in San Diego then maybe I'll catch you swimming backward using the reverse frog kick with your jetfins on your next trip down!

All my training dives were done in S.D. I was actually born and raised down there. Moved up to O.C. on '98 and will stay up here! :wink:
But I would like to get down there to dive a little more often, just dont have the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom