I'm global, baby....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Almost 45 years old - just got my first passport. It got here today. Look out - I'm coming to a country near you....

I rule.

Kenny the globetrotter

nice one!!! May your travels begin!!!

Mo2vation:
Almost 45 years old - just got my first passport. It got here today. Look out - I'm coming to a country near you....

I rule.

Kenny the globetrotter

Arizona is NOT another country!
, If you make it to Japan give me a call...you're more than welcome!

C'mon Ken, let us know where you are planning on going, or are you simply getting it to make domestic travel easier in the age of the TSA.

Mark Vlahos

Congrats Ken!

You know several people still believe Texas is it's own Country. :winky:

Congratulations!! See those empty pages in the back? The whole point of the game is that you have to try to fill them up…

~ Zack

Jake and I are goling to Belize in July (7/8 - 7/19)

Funny story - I tried to get one of these a year or two ago. We were going to East Cape in Mexico for some Kayak fishing and R&R. I had an appointment in Westwood at the Fed building, etc.

I roll in there with and wait until my number is called - I produce all my paperwork, complete and legible - with an arrestingly poor photograph and my birth certificate. The chick behind the glass says, "you need a certified copy of my birth certificate, did you bring one...?" I'm all, "no, I don't have one... THIS IS MY ORIGINAL birth certificate."

She wouldn't accept it.

I'm all, "look missy, this is the original. The one and only. The real, hand-it-to-my-parents birth certificate.."

She was unmoved.

I continue, "You'll accept a copy of this document in its place, but you won't accept the original, real deal?" She said, "yes, and no."

&$%#%($%

So I stormed out of the Federal Building, swearing to never ever go someplace that requires me to get a friggen passport. Doubtless muttering something like what kind of wack country will not accept a foggy, faded, torn, smudged, shiney, yellowing highly suspect 42 year old original document as proof of birth and citizenship....

My resolve to never get a passport lasted all of a couple of years. I caved and got a certified COPY of my BC - which, although pretty and colorful, is simply a photo copy of my original BC on, well, pretty, multicolored and embossed paper... I got to pay some county entity a hefty sum for loading this certificate paper into a photocopier and putting a fuzzy picture of my fuzzy birth certificate on this official looking paper stock... what a scam.

I now have passport in hand (sporting a photograph of me that looks great, thank you very much...)

So I'm going to Belize in July and who knows what foreign country will call to me after that. Maybe even Fontukey or Norcossippi. You know, somewhere east of I15....

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom