I'm an Ocean Diver! Are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HAHA! Glad you keep coming back to see us! This deal is for new customers only, but check out some of the other deals we have... Our BoGo Special or Unlimited Diving

---------- Post added November 10th, 2014 at 10:02 AM ----------

What are the accommodations for your dive resort package like? How far are they from the dock? Is there transportation to and from local airports?
Rich-
We have lodging packages available with the Marina del Mar, which is just down the dock from us; as well as with the Holiday Inn and Courtyard by Marriott, which are on the other side of the canal. You would need to call us to get pricing details for as price varies based on number of days you will be staying, the particular days you will be staying, and the amount of diving you are looking to do. You can find a bit more information on our website: Concierge Service

---------- Post added November 10th, 2014 at 10:04 AM ----------

For all of you who have been diving with us before, we appreciate your continued patronage & support! :)

That’s right… Unlimited Diving!

Ocean Divers
in Key Largo, Florida, is running an amazing dive and hotel package along with Marina Del Mar from November 16th to December 24, 2014. This special package has a 3 night minimum stay and allows guests to make an unlimited number of dives for the price of just one dive trip per day.

Here's how it works: For each night a guest stays in the hotel, they get a full day of diving, which includes the opportunity to make up to four different dives: a two-tank dive trip in the morning and a two-tank dive trip during the afternoon. So if you stay three nights, you get three full days of diving- up to 12 dives - for the price of only one trip per day.

Ocean Divers also offers one-tank night dives on Wednesday and Saturday, and these are included in the package as well, which means on these days guests can do up to five dives! For example, if 2 divers stay 3 nights, including a Wednesday or Saturday, they can do up to 13 dives for only $413* per person.

(Prices are based on double occupancy and a 3 night minimum stay, and do not include tax)

*slightly higher on weekends and Holidays
This special offer is only available by contacting Ocean Divers directly. So, stop in or give us a call to make your reservation today!

Ocean Divers

522 Caribbean Dr.

Key Largo, FL 33037

800-451-1113

Thanksgiving Diving

thanksgiving day.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know... Ocean Divers in Key Largo is open on Thanksgiving Day! (That's next Thursday, November 27th) We have dive charters available in both the morning and afternoon, and we would love for you to come join us!
Click here to see our schedule & book your trip.

What range of water temps are there around Christmas/ New Years? More importantly is a 3 mil wet suit generally enough?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dive temps can vary a lot depending on if there has been a sustained cold spell. I did a quick check of my dive log (spread sheet version.)
In December I see trips at 79, 70-72, and 77
Jan 71-74
No Feb trips
March 74, 70-72, 70, 72.
Temp can vary 3 or 4 degrees depending on day and dive location during the same trip.

Keep in mind that if you are doing 4 dives a day, there is a definite body cooling effect. Dives 3,4 will seem cooler than 1, 2. You will want to stay warm during the SI and during the mid day break. Wet suit cools if damp and out of the water. Fortunately the OD boats provide shelter. I toss on a light rain parka to stop the evaporation.

Personally I dive a 4/3 and if in March, sometimes a hooded vest. If not the vest, I always then have a beanie I wear that cuts down on a lot of heat lost through the head. I could dive a 3 but why be uncomfortable?

Have done about 30 dives with OD. My favorite operator out of Key Largo although there are several good ones.

Steve-
Thank you for your repeat business! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom