I'm a fickle hyprocrite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, (sigh) now that I have transitioned to a BP/W, I don't like my Biofins as much as I used to. I have raved about them in the past, but now my feet are up and it seems I should be frog kicking.

I was following a superhuman DM in Cozumel and he was frog kicking upcurrent in a pair of Aqualung full foot blades and killing us all. We were all winded following him in our assortment of split fins.

What's a good fin for a frog kick besides Jets or Turtles?

I dive mostly tropical and Turtles and Rockets are WAY too big and wide. The M Jets are still a little bit too big as I have to wear a 7mm hard sole boot to make them stay on. I'd rather find a fin that would be comfy with a 3mm tropical bootie.

I was able to do a passable frog kick in Mares Quattros, but they're not as good at it as the jets, and they're a little long for packing in some gear bag fin pockets.

I'll be interested in the answers you get, since my Jets don't fit my wetsuit booties, either.

The Mares Plana Avanti Quattro allowed me to perform a decent frog kick with good speed.

I own Blades, Jets and Frogs.
My opinion is that the Frogs are (marginally) best.
All three are just fine, thank you.
I haven't tried but have heard great things about the Dive-Rites.
Rick

Hey guys,

What's the difference between the Avanti Quattro and plain Quattros? I have a pair of Quattro full foot fins I used for snorkeling. It seems kind of weird to be wearing full foot fins with a BP/W.

The manufacturers out there need to pay more attention to women's gear requirements. Make some good frog kickin' fins for those of us who don't have giant hairy feet. :)

redhatmama:
fins for those of us who don't have giant hairy feet. :)
hey now, just 'cause I wear a size 16 and turtles wedge themselves onto my feet like superglue, doesn't mean my understanding is hairy!

Back
Top Bottom