I'm a fickle hyprocrite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I use them. They are lighter than jets; more comfortable to me, and still stiff enough.

The DiveRites are your answer; we use them in the cenotes as well.

Been diving the DiveRites for about 2 years now and like them better than Jets.

There needs to be some substance you can put into your fin foot pocket, stick your foot (while in boot) inside, pull it out and allow it to harden... They do this with Seacure mouthpieces... why not fin inserts like that? I guess until Scubapro and others start making a better assortment of sizes we'll all just have to keep complaining and using their competitors...

Aloha, Tim ... A Turtle user because Jets don't fit me either... :(

"I was following a superhuman DM in Cozumel and he was frog kicking upcurrent in a pair of Aqualung full foot blades and killing us all. We were all winded following him in our assortment of split fins."

Just the obvious but why not get the same fins the "superhuman" divemaster was using? N

I use jets for my drysuit and blades for my wetsuit...
the blades are just as powerful, the only problem is that they´re long...I sometimes bang them into the sides and roofs of wrecks when in tight quarters...if thats not a concern for you, I´d get aqualung blades...

Nemrod:
Just the obvious but why not get the same fins the "superhuman" divemaster was using? N

Nemrod,

I'm not sure if I could find a pair exactly like these :wink:

mario.jpg

The Dive Rites seem to be a good choice and they would go well with my Dive Rite backplate and wing. Didn't Aqualung discontinue the Blades and replace them with Blades II?

scubapro has started making a new fin called revo jet fin. it's only available in japan for now, but you could check out whether it comes in smaller sizes than the traditional jet.

another fin i've heard recommended for frogkicking is the Cressi Frog Rondine. I'm told it's a very stiff, thin blade that has excellent charateristics for the frog kick and the modified flutter scissor kick i.e. not the GUE modeified flutter, but the flutter when you kick both fins together vertically (rather than horizonallty as in the frog), glide, repeat...

i haven't tried either though - i use jets now.

redhatmama:
I'm not sure if I could find a pair exactly like these :wink:
Those are Mares Plana Avantis... the same fin I preferred for years, and still do when I'm not in my big-footed drysuit. They're awesome, but I hear folks with low leg strength sometimes tend to cramp after prolonged flutter kicking in them. I wouldn't know, as I have legs like tree trunks and usually frog kick. The Quattros are similar, but with additional flex channels that supposedly make them perform better.

Quattros and Avanti Quattros are the same thing... the only difference is whether or not you bother to say "Avanti".

Back
Top Bottom